Chapter Twenty-Three

Dlive's POV

I knew he was here. He had to be here. I rummage through his office, trying to find him or any clue that lead to Minx.

Meanwhile, the three girls stood nervously near the door.

"Isn't this breaking and entering?" Shy asked.

"Uh, noooo. It's... um..."

"Breaking and entering," Viper stated, raising an eyebrow.

"Andy is one of Minx's really good friends. He wouldn't care if we were breaking and entering if it was helping Minx," Dlive stated, throwing a stack of papers behind him.

The girls shared a look before Olive took a step forwards and put her hand on Dlive's shoulder. He froze and looked up at her.

"Dlive, there isn't anything here. We need to be out there, looking for Minx."

Dlive sighed and looked down at Andy's desk, which he had been searching through. They were right. They needed to be searching, not looking for something that wasn't here. Just as they were about to leave, something spotted Dlive's eye. A map. A map with a huge red circle on Lakeside cliff. He froze and stared at it, realizing the connection. A cliff... Minx had jumped off a cliff when she had found out Krism was dead... That's where she was.

"I know where she is!" He yelled at Shy, Viper and Olive before sprinting out of the office.

The girls shared another look before following him.

Ohm's POV

"Almost there," Zoe mumbled, as she let yet another tree branch smack into my face.

"Geez Zo, can you stop doing that!" I groaned, annoyed.

Currently, me and Asha were following Zoe as she lead us through the woods. Yeah, Zoe wasn't the best at map reading, but at least we were getting there.

"She'll be okay," Asha said, noticing my worried expression.

"I hope so. I hope there both alright..." I trailed off.

"Where here!" Zoe suddenly yelled.

My head jolted forwards and I ran ahead of her to the opening. What I saw, was not what I had been expecting. Krism was curled up into a small ball, her body still. A knife lay a couple feet away.

No, no, no! This couldn't be happening! Minx was near Krism, she would have never let this happen! I raced to Krism's side and gently shook her shoulder.

"Krism, please don't be dead..."

Her mouth twitched slightly as if she was trying to say something but nothing came out. I shook her again, but this time she didn't reply.

"Call an ambulance!" I yelled to Asha and she immediately reached for her phone. Zoe, on the other hand, knelt down next to me and stared at Krism.

"She's not dead, but her life energy is burning low. Something drained her power."

"Can you restore it?"

"No, only a red or blue eyed can."

"Ellie..." I said out loud.

"Her friend. Do you think she could have done this?"

"I don't know, but she and Krism are the only red eyes left."

"What about blue eyes?"

"Don't know any... that means..."

"Ellie killed her," Zoe stated.