III

Vancouver pulled into the driveway of her home with a mix of emotions running through her. Happiness from the encounter between her and Eddie, but sadness due to her having to come home and face more reality.

She made it close enough to the door to hear slight shouting and some things being thrown. Just Mom having another breakdown, she thought. She walked in and looked over to her left to find out she had been right, there she was on the floor a complete mess breaking beer bottles against the table. Looking up she met eyes with Vancouver, a numerous amount of things went through Van's mind.

"H...Hi honey, you know I hate you seeing me like this." Vancouver laughed bitterly at how shy her mother had become knowing this was the same woman that snorted cocaine off a piece of broken glass before. She walked past her rolling her eyes and made her way upstairs to go see Fallon. In the room next to hers, she saw Fallon on the ground with his head in his knees.

She walked over to him and sat down next to him embracing him, "Fal, what's going on huh? I just want you to talk to me, that's all." Fallon's sobs quickly filled the room again as he let out cries that were so earth shattering that his whole body was feeling the consequences. After thirty minutes of silent crying and pent up aggression, Fallon said something.

"Van, I need you to...to get me some help. I don't wanna die Van, I don't wanna die." Vancouver quickly shushed him, "Hey listen to me, you are not going to die. Don't you ever talk like that, you aren't going to die honey. I promise you that." She barely finished the sentence without finding her way around to crying as well, "I love you so fucking much, no matter how dumb and ridiculous you are. I am not going to let you die on me, you hear me?" Fallon gave a nod of understanding before burying his head back into her chest.
~~~~~~~~~
A few hours pass and Vancouver wakes up on her bed, Fallon still next to her sound asleep. She quietly got out of bed making sure she didn't wake him up and headed down the stairs to get a snack. She slowly opened her mom's door seeing that some random guy was in there shitfaced on the floor with her mom on the bed out of her mind. Nothing new, Vancouver thought. She checked the clock sitting in the middle of her living room, bright green letters looking back at her (10:30 p.m.).

She made her way into the kitchen to see that the voice machine was blinking red meaning someone had called and left a message. She cocked an eyebrow up as she made her way over to the phone and pressing 5-7-1 to get to the message. As soon as she typed the numbers in forgetting how loud the phone is, it blared throughout the house.

"You have one new mess-" Vancouver rapidly pressed all the buttons until the speaker went off, "Shut the fuck up, would you." The voicemail came in a second time, "You have one new message  from 206-743-2345 at 8:35 p.m. Press one to hear the message, press-." Vancouver quickly pressed one hoping that it may be her dad considering that's similar to what his number was before he ran off. The phone was silent until the voice on the other end made noise.

"Is there a Vancouver over there? If so, Hi this is Eddie from a few hours ago. I don't wanna say too much and it turns out this is some asshole or serial killer or even both. *A pause of laughter* Well anyway, give me a call back when and if you get this and if not I'll try again tomorrow or so. Bye cutie." *Beeep*

Although it wasn't her dad, Vancouver still dropped to the floor screaming silently at the fact that he really called. She quickly shuffled over to the dial pad and called the number back waiting nervously as it rang. Suddenly there was a pick up noise and a deep groggy voice on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Eddie?"

"Nope, I'm his roommate Jeff. You don't sound like Raven."

"Raven?"

"That would be Eddie's girlfriend more like situationship, but you sound a bit more exciting so it's nice to meet you. Eddie's coming up to his room right now if you wanted to say hey really quick."

"Yeah yeah, thank you Jeff." *slight pause of laughter from Jeff*

"It's no biggie. Eddie! You have a call from a place in Canada." There was shuffling and laughter in the background and an exchange between hands. Suddenly, a deep voice came from the other end.

"Well well well, look who it is."

"Eddie I'm so sorry, by the time you called me I was asleep-."

"Don't worry no no, I was just hoping it was even you that would pick up but I'm more than happy. I really loved spending time with you, and I guess the main purpose I called was to see when that could happen again."

Vancouver grinned, "I would love that, but there's one issue Ed."

Eddie's facial expression shifted into a state of confusion, "What would that be?"

"Raven. Your girlfriend Eddie, that's the issue. Does she even know about what happened?"

Eddie sighed, "Girlfriend? I broke things off after last night. She didn't take it too well, but it was getting to be too much." 

"How do I know you won't do the same to me? Y'know, cheat." Van's voice lowered, a cloth that had been dipped in cold water. 

"You're unlike anyone I've met Vancouver, I couldn't think of doing anything like that to you. I didn't really cheat either, we had been broken up for a few days but she kept calling. I felt like a prick for leaving her out in the cold, so I kept up a close friendship. I'm done with that now, I promise." 

His voice reeked of sincerity, so she took his word. "Let me take you out to lunch tomorrow to prove it."

Vancouver sighed, "Fine Vedder, but you're buying." 

Eddie smiled, "I figured you would say that, don't worry it's on me." 

Van grinned, "I had something of mine on you a little bit ago too, I'm not so sure I like you saying that." 

Eddie smirked, "Right right, I'll pick you up in the morning beautiful." 

"I'll be up! Oh, and what time? I have to drive Fallon to school." 

"Fallon, your brother right?" 

"Yeah, I usually have to start leaving here about eight to drop him off. I get home around 8:30 depending on traffic."

"No issue at all then, I'll pick you up at 10?" 

Van smiled, "10 would be perfect, see you then Vedder." 

"See you then, Vanny." 

The phone call ended and Vancouver started dancing around the kitchen still trying to be as quiet as possible, so she didn't wake Sleeping Ugly and Fallon. Vancouver raced back to her room screaming into the pillow whilst falling back on her bed. She ran over to her vinyl player and discography next to it, pulled out Dry As a Bone  by Green River , popped it in the player and drifted off to sleep anticipating the early hours of the morning.