Chapter Four

Getting up from bed was a hassle these days and, I always felt tired. I turned on my speaker, reducing the volume so as not to disturb the others in the hotel.

After soaking myself in the bath and dressing up. I did a light makeup, arranged my room a little and switched off the speaker. I had little to no paperwork left, Ada had helped a lot during her visits so I decided to take a break today.

"Good morning ma." Tessa, the receptionist greeted me as I alighted from the elevator.

"Good morning Tessa, any difficulties?" I ask her.

"No ma."

"Okay, good. If my attention is needed, I'll be at the restaurant." I said as I moved out to the restaurant area of the hotel.

"Good morning ma." Some other staffs greeted me as I walked past them mumbling a good morning in return.

"Tunde." I call on one of the waiters which I personally liked because he was jovial and good at his job as I took a seat.

"Morning ma, what would you like to have?" He asked as I finally settled into the chair comfortably, my baby bump fully showing under my flare top.

"Morning Tunde, get me a plate of fried rice, coslaw and fried fish with a bottle of water that's not cold." I said.

"Okay ma, I'll be right back." He said. I started scrolling through my Instagram page and I'd just finish commenting on a picture when I noticed a shadow in front of me.

I looked up to see a man in front of me. "Hello." He flashed me a smile.

"Hi." I replied.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked referring to the seat opposite mine.

"No."

"Okay, thank you. I'm Victor and you are?" He introduced himself.

"Kemi, nice to meet you." I replied, turning my attention back to my phone as Tunde appeared with my meal.

"Thank you, Tunde." I said as he placed my order on the table.

"Wow, isn't that a lot for a lady?" Victor asked.

I looked up at him, I must agree he's such a fine man but then it's none of my business.

"Well, I and my baby eat a lot." I said gently, patting my baby bump.

"Ooh wow, Congrats." His eye widens a bit as he noticed I was pregnant.

"Thank you." I replied.

"So, what do you do?" He asked after a long silence, making small talk.

"Hmmm, I'm an hotel manager." I said randomly.

"Ooh really, is it this one?" He asked.

"Yeah. So, tell me. What do you do?" I asked, enjoying the company.

"I'm a businessman, I deal cars." He replied smoothly.

"Ooh really, thats great. I have been planning to change my car, perhaps you could suggest some new nice ones." I replied as I finish eating.

"I could help, here's my card. Contact me when you are ready." He handed me his card.

"Okay." I said.

"Make sure you do." He added once again.

"Sure, I will. It was nice meeting you." I smiled as I stood up.

"Same here, see you around."

"Miss Ada, Mr Adebayo wants to see you." Mrs William popped her head into my office after a knock on the door.