Chapter 34

Ava's POV

Waking up in most random places after being knocked unconscious had now become a common occurrence in my life. The only difference about this time is the captor. I did not expect to see Nate. Not so soon at least. My eyes were bind with a black cloth and my hands were also tied. I was more terrified by the fact that Alex was no here near me. I was all alone in this room or wherever I was. I struggled against the ropes and it did nothing good.

"You should stop struggling." someone said.

I stiffened. "Who is it?" I asked. "Nate?"

"I don't go by that name now, Ava." he said as he removed my blindfold. I blinked as the light firstly irritated my eyes. Then I looked at him. My brother.

"That is your name Nathaniel."

"It was a long time ago. I am Rocco now." he said. I would've never recognized him if it weren't for the picture Amadeo showed me earlier.

"Where is my baby?" I asked for Alex.

"Your baby. I had heard about that kid. You are saying that he is yours? Wow, Ava you are too young for that. I mean how could you change so much?"

"You are the one to ask? You don't get to ask me those questions Nate. You left severing all ties with us. Tell me where is my child, please."

"He is alright. I have some questions for you first. Answers those truthfully and you can get back to your kid." he said. How dare he?

"I'm not answering any questions unless you bring my child back to me."

He raised an eyebrow. "You are in no position to make demands, Ava."

"I don't care. I am not doing anything until you get him back to me." I said asserting. He stared at me. I could see his face clenching as he glared at me. I returned his but was panicking inside. After a while he said, "Fine." he clicked on his earpiece and said something in Italian.

A moment later a big burly man entered with Alex in his arms. He appeared so small in that man's arms. I closed my eyes in relief. Thank god. I tried to get up absolutely forgetting the fact my hands were tied.

"Untie me please." I said.

He shook his head. "No. You wanted to see him; you did. The only thing you will do now is answer my questions."

"You won't even let me hold my baby." I said incredulously. He rolled his eyes. "I'm not repeating what I said."

I was shocked to see my brother being so heartless. At that moment I decided no matter what happens I won't reveal Alex's true parentage. A tear trickled down my cheek. I just wanted to make sure my baby is okay but this man in front of me won't let me. He is not my brother. He is Rocco after all.

"Now I'm going to ask you questions which you would answer truthfully and believe me Ava you would not like the outcome if you lie." he said.

"Let me go. Please." I begged.

"Oh sure. I will let you go. But where would you go? Back to Amadeo Rossi?" he asked.

I gasped.

"That is my first question actually. How the hell did you end up here and most importantly with Amadeo Rossi. " he asked.

I remain silent. At this point I didn't know what to answer him.

"Fucking speak Ava." He yelled.

I flinched at his tone. "He-He kidnapped me along with Alex from our... my hometown. And then on we have being staying with him." I said.

"What did he want with you?" He asked.