Chapter 56: Control

Y/N Pov

I endlessly walked through the darkness. The sounds of my footsteps echoed throughout the empty space. I was questioning what the hell is this place. Maybe it was a dream or a nightmare. I pinched myself a few times to wake myself up, but nothing happened. 

'I'm starting to think this isn't a dream.'

I turned my head around to look behind me. I had this uncomfortable feeling of being followed. This was the fifth time I turned around during my long walk. It reminded me of the time I spent in that village. I know those people were weird, but... Man, I barely even remember them

*CRACK*

Hearing the sound of cracking bones made me look in front of me... There was a plastic table with two wooden chairs on both sides. My eyes widened when I saw someone sitting on one of the chairs. He wore a suit and a black tie. He also wore a nice pair of boots.

'Not gonna lie... He looks fabulous.'

He sipped the mug with his left hand. His head turned to me. His hair was completely gray. From his face, I could only guess that he was in his late twenties. For some reason, he had his eyes closed. There was also a scar across his right eye socket. He lowered the mug. 

???: Oh, hi there! Please, take a seat.

He spoke in a friendly tone. I was hesitant at first, but... Eventually, I sat on the other end. His head kept moving in my direction, like he knew where I was going.

'He must have some impressive hearing.'

I kept my eye on him. Even with his eyes closed, I knew he was looking dead at me. Maybe he's blind..? I decided to start the conversation.

Y/N: Who are you and what is this place? 

His cheeks spread as a smile appeared on his face.

???: I'm a figment of your imagination!

He spread his arms.

???: And this "place" is your mind.

'If this is my mind then... How come I haven't found Bardock? Maybe he knows.'

Y/N: Do you know where Bardock is?

He tilted his head before tapping his chin with his finger. 

???: Who's Bardock?

Y/N: You are a figment of my imagination and you don't know who Bardock is?

He shrugged.

???: Doesn't ring any bells, sorry.

Y/N: He's a guy with wild hair. He wears green and black armor. There is a red bandana around his forehead. He also has a scar on his cheek.

???: Nope. And before you ask, I haven't seen him anywhere.

He was telling the truth. His reaction told me so... I sighed. I rest my head on the palm of my hand and supported it with my elbow on the table. I closed my eye and tried to fall asleep. Maybe by falling asleep, I'll wake up from this long dream. I heard him sip his drink.

???: I heard that the more intelligent you are, the bigger the space in your mind is. And you were walking for who knows how long? Trust me, my mind is basically an ant compared to yours.

I opened my half lidded eye.

Y/N: Where did you hear that from?

He chuckled.