Chapter Three

A/N Those who are expecting a "Blood Pet" update! Don't worry! I will update it either tomorrow or Wednesday! :)

Elizabeth was half way to her bus that afternoon when she remembered that she had detention.

She groaned. She hadn’t even called her parents to let them know so that she could get a ride home. They were supposed to be going to her father’s boss’ retirement party tonight, so there was a chance that they weren’t even home to hear her phone call this late in the afternoon.

“Damnit,” she muttered, as she turned back around and headed back into the school to use one of the pay phones provided. Her parents hadn’t wanted to give her a phone; using the excuse that she was too young and didn’t need one, but considering the fact that she called quite a few people from outside the house, that wasn’t the case.

She passed by the pay phones by the cafeteria and dug around in her purse for a quarter. After a few seconds, she pulled one out, picked up the phone and dialed her home number.

She said a silent prayer when her mother answered on the second ring, “Hello?”

“Hi, mom.”

“Elizabeth?” her mother sounded surprised, “Where are you?”

“I’m at school…” she trailed off, trying to think of the best way to let her mother know that she got detention; Elizabeth was not the kind of girl who got in trouble and she knew that her mother wasn’t going to be happy to hear what she had to say, “Mom… I kind of got detention.”

“What?” Elizabeth had to pull her head away from the phone otherwise her mother’s shouted question might have deafened her.

“It’s not my fault!” Elizabeth quickly went on before her mother could go into an angry rant, “there was this new creepy boy in my science class; actually he was in almost all my classes except Chorus and my Honors World History class… anyway, he was talking to me and I got in trouble when I turned around to ask him to leave me alone.”

Her mother sighed, “We will have to discuss this is more detail when you get home tonight.” she said, she actually sounded rather calm compared to how she had replied when she had first reported what had happened. “What time can you leave?” she asked.

“Five.”

 She sighed again, “Your father and I are about to leave for his boss’ retirement party, Elizabeth… I can’t come and get you then.”

Elizabeth was afraid of that.

Before she could voice her concern, her mother continued speaking, “I’ll have to ask your sister to come and get you.”

Elizabeth rolled her eyes. Great, just what she needed to endure: a thirty minute drive with her sister, but she wasn’t about to complain since that was the only thing she was probably going to get.

“Thanks mom.” she said before she glanced at her watch and realized she had only a few minutes to get to Mr. Comston room, “I got to go or I’ll be late and I don’t want to know what the punishment is for that.”

“Okay, sweetie, but we will be discussing this this evening."

“I know.” She said goodbye before she hung up the phone.

She grabbed her bag and headed down the hallway which was super creepy and silent without students filling the halls.

She made it to Mr. Comston’s room with a minute to spare and wasn’t surprised to see that Dominic was already there, sitting in the same seat he was sitting in this morning.