chapter 1

"We are born alone, we live alone, and we die alone, but only with friendship do we give the illusion that we aren't."

«¥»

"Dad? I have groceries." I called out to my father.

"Okay. Just put them on the counter, and-and leave." My father yelled back, tripping over his words.

I dropped the plastic bags full of food on his island and started walking out.

When my mother died my father changed, and not for the better. He refused to believe my mother was dead. He thinks she is still out there, but until he finds her, I can't be around.

I was given most of my mothers genes. Her laugh, her smile, her voice, her eyes, her hair color. He can't stand it.

I walk down the street, pulling my sweater closer, trying to shield myself from the inclement weather.
Trying to get out the cold, I speed walk into the woods, towards the pack house. I am only 18, it pains me to know that I have to live in the pack house, by myself, instead of with my father.

As I open the door to the pack house, warmth welcomes me.
I run into my room, praying nobody saw me. But someone must have seen me, because there was a rough knock on my  door.

My mate threw open the door, and walked in.

"Where were you?" He spat.

I dropped my head, and let my eyes travel to the floor.

"I just dropped off some food for my father."

"So remind me, why can't your father do this himself?" he asked jumping on my bed.

"He is sick, he thinks if he leaves my mother will come back-" he cut off my explanation.

"You said your mother was dead." He said with no sympathy toward me.

"She is, my father-"

"You know what, I will have someone with you from now on." He said, playing with my hair.

"That really isn't-"

"Bethany, will you just shut up for once! Not only am I your Alpha, but I own you, you are my mate! God dammit Bethany." He let out a long breath " I have to deal with this war, I don't have time to argue with you." He grabbed my hips and brought me closer to him.

He pushed my lower back into him and kissed me. He moved back, releasing my lips, and pulled off my top and started to slowly undo my jeans.

«¥»

I pulled the blankets higher up, so I wouldn't be revealing my chest.

"Maybe we shouldn't have I have been feeling sick lately and throwing up so-" I wasn't able to finish, again.

"Oh my fucking god Bethany! You are so annoying!"

"I'm just saying-"

"I, Alpha Reed Luke, reject you Bethany Lo-love."His chuckle made him choke my last name.
"What! No! I-you--"

He threw on his shirt and left me to thrive in the pain and misery he caused. And I did.
He didn't even care, he just used me.

My body started to have horrible reactions to the rejection.

"Beth" a voice called from behind my door. I said nothing. I was frozen in place and I didn't plan on moving.

The door opened, without permission, and in came a girl named Ashely.

She had long pretty brown hair, and was very popular, even with her floral printed glasses.

"Hey Beth, I going to use this sweater." She said referring to the sweater that was thrown over a chair.

"Yeah, whatever." I say, still frozen in my state.

"Eww, why are you acting like that. Yeah sure, nobody in this pack talks to you, let alone hangs out with you, and everyone already knows that Alpha Reed rejected you, and he is making out with some whore, and sure your own dad can't stand you but... what was I saying? Who cares? Okay byyyeeee!" She took the sweater and left.

I was drowning in my own life issues, and pain. Today seemed to be the day everything for me goes wrong.

I could hear running about down stairs. Probably everyone talking about Alpha Reed rejecting me.

I could hear children screaming and.. growls?
What the hell?

"Hey girl! Get down to the basement! They're attacking!" A boy yelled, as he shifted and ran back down the hall.
They're?

As I stood up and wave of nausea went through me.  I could feel vomit coming. I ran to the toilet, barely making it. It was never ending.

I grabbed as much tissue as I could hold and wiped my mouth, knowing there was still tissue left on my cheeks.

I could hear the screams, the crys, the paws slapping the floor, the shoes running down the stairs.
I quickly put on random clothes and shove my feet into shoes.

I used the sink to help balance , trying to stop the bathroom from spinning. I stumble forward, trying to make my way down to the basement.

"What the hell are you doing!" Alpha Reed yelled, "you're useless! Get down there now!"

I stood up straight and balanced myself the best I could, and ran out. But not to the basement out the front door. I keep running and I didn't look back.

//
I am editing.
Comment your questions.