Chapter 19

Nick
Unedited
-
"Nick!"
"Nick!"

I woke up on an hard cold surface.
The sobs of a child and the yelling of strangers fully woke me.

I glanced around the dark place.
Bars held me in, locking me in a cage.
"Nick!" I looked over to my right and saw them.
I rushed over so I was close enough to touch Bethany. Her cheek was bruised, and her lip cut. But not to bad, I searched for any sign of Liam but came up empty.

"Where's Liam?"
"He has him, he has had him since they took me."

I closed my eyes, building up anger.
"Alpha!"
"Alpha Nick!"

I looked around the place again, cells everywhere, but the prisoners called out to me.

I stood up from the dirty floor and answered them.
"Alpha Nick, we need your help!"
I looked to the cell to my left, as he spoke.

"With?"
"Escaping..." He replied.
"Why do you need my help?"
"This isn't a very large pack, as you can see they have never held any kind of alpha prisoner, we have a plan on getting out, but we need your power to do it. We could have done it with your luna but she slowly started losing power."

Because of me...
She lost power because I had lost faith in finding her and so did my pack.
She could have been out of here if it wasn't for my selfish thoughts.
I closed my eyes once more, building a wall of anger up.

"Okay, what do I need to do?"
-
"Okay! Okay! Inspections and counting. Now!"
I watched as everyone stood except me, I laid on my back and my eyes closed, this was the oldest trick in the book.

"Nick, up!"
I stayed still.
I listened as the key clicked unlock, and the silver heavy bars groan open.
I heard his shoes hit the groin and I waited until he was close enough...

My hand shot out grabbing his ankle, I heard his back crack as he landed on it. I quickly took off my shirt and pulled it against his neck.
I tied the back of the shirt and pulled it tighter and tighter until his body went limp.

I grab the keys his lifeless body held and first unlocked my mate.
Once I had her in my arms I relived how much I really missed her.

I released 12 of the biggest men out if the their cells and we went off.
-
"All we have to do is get to Reed an get him. The pack will of course follow." one said.

I nodded my head along with his words.
This would be the tricky part, once out of the cells halls lead us straight to an empty kitchen. Out of the kitchen there was another hallway straight into a room.
In that room held all of the pack members and Reed.
We all stood behind the closed door an peeked though the window the door had.

"Okay this is what happens, you guys barge in cause a ruckus. I'll go though the back door and grab Reed." I explained.
They nodded there head, as the busted though the door I ran to the back entrance.

I peeked though the doors window and saw Reed standing there. What kind of alpha would watch this happen and just stay there?

An alpha fights with their pack.
An alpha dies with their pack.

I sneer though the back door and before I can grab him he runs and meets my eyes.

He automatically sifts and comes at me.
I do the same as we circle each other, a real alpha has patience.
And Reed showed no real sign of being an alpha.

He jumped at me, but instead of getting me, I grabbed him by his neck.
Snapping it.

Everything stopped.
No one made a noise.

Their alpha was dead.

I looked around, I could feel the extra power of being their new alpha come to me.

I growl a submission from them all and watched as the all bowed their heads.
I sifted once given shorts.

"I'm your alpha now. And the first thing you'll do is let everyone out of those cells."

-

I held Liam close, growling at anyone who got to close.
I watched as Bethany walked into to the pack houses kitchen, her guards following close behind.

I shifted Liam in one hand so I could hold Bethany.
I waved the guards away.
"Why didn't you do that in the first place?"

"Do what?"
"Kill him."
I sighed, "I thought maybe the reason he came to the pack house was to because he wasn't over you yet, and I hoped one day he would get over you. Then I would let him go..."

I held her closer as Liam started to randomly giggle.
I swear this kid was crazy, he uncontrollably laughter was contagious as I started to laugh along with him and Beth.

Man, it felt good to know they were safe.

There was a soft knock at the as Reese entered, "Sup" he said as he threw himself into my chair, his mate followed close behind.

I watched as he grabbed Alex and pulled him into the chair with him.

I missed them...