That's My Chocolate

"I swear on your life, when I get a hold of you, I will sit on your skinny ass!" I huffed with a loss of breath from being forced to run up the two flights of stairs. My best friend stood at the top waving around my precious chocolate. We had finished up the last of our shared exams so we decided to run amuck around the empty halls.

"You don't need it! You said you were trying to cut down on the sweets!" I watched as she jogged to the very top of the staircase, another two flights up. She jogged as though gravity didn't affect her at all. Her slender, bony fingers where melting my birthday chocolate. I knew for sure I was gonna get that back. She waved the chocolate bar from the top of the stairs as I continued to gasp for air. "You have to work for it if you want it!"

My lungs ached once I finally reached the top of the stairs. I held to my knees until I gained my breath back. I stood up straight and glared at her, grabbed the chocolate from her hands. I stuck the bar back into my bag and placed it on the floor. Before Ana saw it coming I tackled her to the ground.

"Dear god! AJ get the hell off me!"I groaned and whined but didn't budge as she repeatedly kneed me in the stomach. I eventually rolled off her and we just laid there laughing.

All too soon we heard loud footsteps coming down the hall so we gathered our things and stood up making it look like we were just about to leave. We thought it was a teacher or worse a principal. However we were pleasantly surprised to find out it was just a student. We relaxed until I realized who it was, Tyler, to be exact, he's just the guy I've been hardcore crushing on since freshman year! My heart fluttered when he smiled at me, it fluttered even more when he uttered a small "Hey," with a wave to accompany it. I waved back and told him to have a nice summer. I nearly swooned when he told me the same.

I watched him walk down the hall and down the other staircase on the other side before Ana bonked me on the back of the head. "Why don't you close your mouth before you start catching flies in there. Or maybe your jaw would fall off." I shoved her into the wall and leaned against the door frame.

"Did you see that? He talked to me! He smiled too! God I love his smile, it's gotten better since he got his braces off. I lose ten pounds and see what happens? The boy of my dreams notice me." I swooned just thinking about him. I sighed and looked off in the direction he went off in. "Maybe, just maybe, senior year will finally become my year after all."

Finally, after we finished fooling around Ana and I went our separate ways. I knew for sure if I just stuck to my summer plan, my life would seriously change. From that day on, the plan seemed to just fall into place.