prolouge

This book idea belongs to @SS_Larry98, but everything that happens in this book belongs to @hemmingsirwie and I @lukeslyrics).
@hemmingsirwie and I will be alternating between the chapters, so I will be writing every other chapter starting with this prologue, and she will be writing every other one starting with chapter 1.

-

[Luke's POV]

I could see the heat waves rising against the pavement. I'm pretty sure everyone in Sydney was wearing a tank top today.

This horrendous summer day marked the first day of summer break for my friends and I. We had just finished our junior year, and we were celebrating by going to the beach.

"I hate walking," I grumbled.

"We'll, none of us have a drivers license," my girlfriend, Lila, said.

"Why are we even going to the beach?"

"So you can see me in my new bikini. Duh." She laced her fingers through mine and I grinned.

"Oh, right."

"Ew," my best friend, Calum, said.

"You're just jealous," I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

He rolled his eyes. "Sure."

"Don't worry, buddy. I'll hook you up with someone this summer."

"I don't need your help."

I shrugged.

"He's pretty hot," Lila said. "If he tried, he could easily get a girl."

Calum smiled triumphantly, and I stared at Lila in disbelief.

"Well then," I said.

Lila bumped me with her shoulder. "Come on, you know I love you."

I smiled. "I know. I love you, too." I closed my eyes and puckered my lips, then leaned towards her. I felt her hand leave mine, and then I was pushed forward. I opened my eyes to see a tan, bare arm in front of me. My lips were still in a pout, and they collided with the persons bare shoulder.

I jumped away from the person, and I could feel my face heat up.

"I'm so sorry!" I said, looking at the person who I'd kissed.

The boy with curly brown hair was laughing. The guy beside him was trying to fight a smile.

"You just kissed my shoulder!" the guy said, still laughing. His laugh was funny, and I smiled a bit. I could hear Calum and Lila laughing behind me, and I could feel my face heat up more.

"I'm so sorry," I said again.

He shook his head and looked at me. "It's okay."

I turned and scowled at Lila. "I can't believe you pushed me into a random guy."

She wiped her eyes and said, "I'm sorry."

I turned back to the guy.

"Again, mate, I'm sorry," I said.

He smiled. "It's cool." Him and the red haired boy with him turned to walk the opposite way that we were headed, and Lila grabbed my hand again.

"You're such an awkward person," she said, shaking her head.

-

Hey, so this is my first Lashton fanfic ever, and I'm so glad that @hemmingsirwie is co-writing it with me.

-olivia