Chapter 16 (Edited)

Humans are super greedy creatures, they'll never be satisfied with anything and they'll do anything to get what they want. General Kim heard the news about the new Emperor is Prince Hyukjae and somehow regretted his decision to send Donghae instead of his own daughter. Not only him but the whole family regretted their decision. But, they get hope when the palace informed them that The Emperor closed the Harem system, they think Donghae will be sent home and they can offer the lady of Kim family to the Emperor. But, Donghae never arrived, until the guards came to their village and announced about the new empress. The guards didn't say the name because they don't have permission to do so.

Few days after the announcement General Kim bumped into the first Prince, all imperial families must know about the Empress name, so he tries to get the name from the prince, and he's so shocked when the prince said the name. How can it be like this, he sends Donghae as a substitute because he didn't want his daughter to become the Emperor sex slave, but now Donghae is The Empress of the Kingdom. His daughter should be the one who has that title. So, he told the first Prince about Donghae in hopes the first Prince will help him get the title for his daughter. He knows with this news the first Prince can use it to bring Emperor Hyukjae down, but he doesn't care about it. If Emperor Hyukjae down the first Prince will be the next Emperor and he can offer his daughter to the first Prince.

The first Prince was shocked when he heard General Kim's story, but he couldn't believe that story immediately. He can use that story to drag his brother down and take the crown. He can be the Emperor because male Empress won't give the Emperor any heir, or Hyukjae should take a consort to get an heir but people will lose their trust because he just closed the Harem. But he never has any interest in being an Emperor, he wants to be free. No one knows about it but himself.

When he came back to the palace he found his mother and brother are fuming in rage. They told him how the Empress and the Emperor did bad things to them. He doesn't believe it, so he decided to spy on the Empress and after two days he knows his mother and brother lying to him. The Empress is a very graceful woman or man. She/he acts look weak but the way she/he acts towards his mother and brother stupid actions make him see how strong she/he is. He still can't really say the Empress male or female because of how beautiful the Empress is.

After a few days, he decided to visit his youngest brother 'the Emperor'. When he sees the Empress up close he really can't believe if this beauty is a boy. When he told them General Kim's story, he saw how the Empress and his brother's eyes widened in shock. Now he can conclude that Empress is indeed the male servant.

Before his brother can say anything about that information he decided to tell them what he actually thinks about all of this. "Honestly, all I want to know is the truth. It's hard to believe General Kim's story because maybe there's another Kim Hwa Young in this kingdom. I don't care who your Empress is, you're an adult and the smartest one among us. I know you already think carefully and have a plan about how you'll get an heir. If it's okay for you, I want to get to know more about your wife, so I can decide which side I'll choose. And no, it's not an alone time between your wife and I. You'll be there too, so you can see I don't have any bad intentions towards your wife."

*************

Hyukjae was still shocked about how his brother knew all of that. After he heard his brother's opinion he knew his brother was still as wise as he ever knew. He always adores that side of his brother. But about his brother's request to get to know Donghae more, he can't carelessly say Yes, because they still have another secret right now.

"What General Kim told you is true, Donghae came as a substitute for General Kim's daughter. But The name I wrote in the marriage paper is Lee Donghae." He can see his brother a bit confused about what he just said. "And it'll keep as a secret until we decide to announce our other secret. And about your request, can you give me time to think about it? Because it's still hard to trust you after what your mother and brother did to my wife."

His brother sent him a small smile before nodding his head, "I understand you, give me the answer as soon as possible before these rumors blow up and hurt your wife." He bows to both of them

Hyukjae sees his brother walk away from their pavilion before turning to his wife and hug him, he can see the stress in Donghae's eyes. Why can't they have a peaceful day at all?