Chapter Three

"You ok?" Nick asked.

I just couldn't believe that Hayes looked right at me.

"Uh yeah. I'm fine." I fake smiled.

"Well alright." he shrugged and walked off.

I was left sitting on the floor in the truth or dare circle alone. After the 5min was up, the walked down stairs. Hayes had the biggest grin on his face.

"Well Hayes how was it?" Dylan asked.

"Oh it couldn't have been any better." he said while giving Caroline a light squeeze.

"Can't believe you did it bro!" Luke laughed.

"Well you better believe it sooner or later because it happened." Hayes grinned.

"Probably wasn't your first.." I mumbled to myself.

"What was that Sydney?" Hayes looked up at me.

"Oh, uh nothing." I said.

"That's what I thought." Hayes said while turning around and walking off.

I am almost 100% positive that Hayes might dislike me. Dislike me a lot. I can't help that I like him. I mean, I try so hard not to, but it's impossible not to like someone like Hayes.

Two hours later, someone tapped me in the shoulder.

"Round 2 of truth or dare?" Nick smirked.

"Why not!" I laughed.

We walked over to the spot we were sitting at earlier.

"So Hayes start?" Dylan asked.

"Ok," he scanned the circle and our eyes locked, "Sydney," he thought for a moment, "truth or dare?" he smirked.

"Uh truth." there was no way I was doing some sort of inappropriate dare that I knew was going to happened.

"Who do you like?" he laughed.

"Um no one?" I came out more like a question. And at that moment when he asked me, I knew Hayes Grier was at to get me.