Chapter 39

There's a nice breeze going about tonight, it instantly cools me down as I head outside for my quick breather, with what's left of my drink in hand.

I start to think about my family, and what they must think about the situation. I know my mum would miss me terribly, my brother is probably far too busy getting ready to take over the Alpha duties, and my dad, well he probably is too busy helping my twerp of a brother get ready. But my best friend, Thomas, god I miss him and his stupid banter, and he did always give great hugs and sometimes, only sometimes did he give great advice. I realise I just complimented his advice, that's it, I'm officially drunk and my mind isn't working properly, maybe I should go back inside to say bye and head off to bed, before I make another stupid mistake tonight.

I chuck back the last of my drink; it would be awful of me to let it go to waste as someone took the time to make it for me. I walk back inside and back over to the group of people that I was originally talking too.

"Oh good timing Kara, your about to miss the pack slut in action" Kirsty calls over to me

"Erm, whys that a good thing?"

I say lifting my arms in a confusing manner, but seriously why do I want to see a girl sticking her tongue down someone's throat? Beats me.

"You'll like this, Amy's been hitting on the Beta for a few weeks now, he gave in to start with but now he's not interested"

Excuse me?! This THING, wants, my Beta? She will have to get to the bottom of the pack. The top is reserved for me.

I squint my eyes when I look over to them, I try holding back the threatening growls that are bursting to get out. This common prostitute is practically forcing herself against him, but Ronan isn't pushing her away, he's just ... letting her do it.

I try extra hard to hold it in, why isn't he putting her in her place and telling her to get lost, it's my place next to him. I don't know what snaps in me but I march on over there. I don't know whether to blame the booze or the hormones with the full moon, but I'm not standing for this.

"Ronan, baby, come on, it's too noisy down here, let's go upstairs instead"

Oh puke, is she trying to sound like a seductress or what, what is she kidding! Suppose someone needs to knock some sense into him

"Ronan!"

He sort of comes out of a trance like state to look at me shouting at him, even sniffing the air to acknowledge me. But all I get in reply is a low growl and a rather grumpy reply.

"What are you doing out of your cell Kara?"

That's the first thing he can say to me, not oh you look lovely this evening, ignore this tramp who is hanging on me, do you want to dance. Nevermind.

"Ronan, baby, who is this woman, who thinks she has a right to disturb our evening?"

Oooh she's really pushing her luck now, if she calls him baby one more time, I might have to rip her vocal cords out. But instead I wait for him to answer her.

After a couple of seconds I realise he won't answer her, maybe I'll have to give her the bad news.

"Oh sweetheart, don't feel bad but I'm his – "

I get cut off by Ronan before I can finish my sentence.

"Nobody, she's nobody to me"