Chapter Five

I got into my car and sat, staring into the sea of cars that surrounded me. I glanced quickly into the mirror and saw the familiar blue eye staring back at me. I looked away as if the person I was seeing was not real, as if not looking would make it go away. I closed up my eyes hoping that when they opened, I will have woken up from some terrible dream.

I opened my eyes when I heard the passenger door open. I looked over to see Andrea climbing in.

"You have 10 seconds to start explaining what the heck just happened," Andrea stated.

I began telling her everything that had happened, from my dream to the fireplace, to my grandmothers story.

"You know if I hadn't seen what just happened, I would think you belonged in a mad house," she replied after a moments silence.

I started the car and we rode in silenceuntil we reached Andrea's house. Andrea gave me a sypathetic hug before slowly getting out and walking to the door, where she turned and gave a slight wave bofore disappearing inside.

I pulled out of the driveway and headed down the road. I drove for a while before turning down my road and up my driveway. I parked the car and headed insdie and up to my room not stopping to talk to my brother who was sitting on the couch watching tv. My mother had taken my sister to the park, so I didn't have to worry about her stopping me to ask what was wrong.

When I reached my room, I flopped down on y bed and started thinking about the past two days. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and saw Ryan's face pop up on the screen. I denied the call and a wave of emotion washed over me. I began to cry. I sat and cried and heard a crash against the wall. I wiped away the tears clouding my vision and looked to see a picure frame shattered agsinst the wall. I walked over and saw my favorite picture of me and ryan sitting on the floor with PS3 controllers in our hands and his arms around me.

I cried even harder wondering why all this was happening and thinking about how my life had suddenly flipped completely upside-down. I mean, three days ago I had been the perfectly ordinary Eden, who lived a perfectly normal life, had a perfectly normal botfriend, went to a perfectly normal school, and had a perfectly normal family.

I stopped crying and sat in silence for a while before realizing how sickeningly normal my life was. I had always read books where people did extraordinary things and the unordinary was ordinary and the peculiar were normal. I had always wondered what it would be like and wishing I could be a apart of it. I realized that this is what I had always dreamed about. I also realized I couldn't ignore this. I decided I had to know what was happening.

I quickly wiped the smeared makeup and tear streakes from my face and rushed down the stairs. I yelled into the living room to my gbrother that I would be back soon and rushed out the door. I started my car and headed down the road towards my grandmother's house, the only place I knew of to go to get what I wanted.

Answers.