• Chapter 31 •

"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."

• • • • •

Everything was rushing like crazy. I was currently holding Luke's hand and the ambulance was driving on top speed. I only focused on the trembled person in front of me, who had his eyes peacefully closed. I didn't heard him breathing, I didn't saw him moving his fingers or any muscle. I didn't saw him doing anything and that made my chest hurt. Since Luke had lost a lot of blood, there was a sack with it attached on a steeled pole with wheels beside him. His condition was very bad, people could nearly look at him. But to me, he was still beautiful. The ambulance turned and twisted and I quickly grabbed a chair to steady myself.

James was left behind since there could only one person go with Luke. I slightly rubbed Luke's knuckles while planting a soft long kiss on them. "Hold on" I whispered to him as I knew he wouldn't answer back. I wanted him to survive this, that he would get through it. But only by looking at him, my doubts started growing and tears started to form.

The doctors asked me several times of what happened but honestly, I didn't know and I didn't wanted to know.

The ride took like forever but when we finally arrived, nurses and doctors immediately came running over to us and took Luke away from me. I hurried behind them but they were too quick. I hardly saw them because of the immense of blur that I had in my eyes from tears. The doctors rushed into a little room and one of them hurried over to me and stopped me. I wanted to push past him, but he was too strong.

"What are they going to do with him? Will he get better? Why can't I come?" I shouted out and tried to look over his shoulder to see what they were planning to do. I bombarded the man in front of me with dozens of questions while he kept telling me to calm down. "How can I calm down when the person I need the most is at the point of dying?" I cried out and he closed the door behind him. "Look, let them do their jobs. He's in good hands. We will do what we can"

He looked at me and expected me to nod, so I did and sniffed. My world was lying in the room in front of me. I wanted to be there for him, but I guess I couldn't do anything more. I took place at one of the seats beside me. "I'll love you forever, Luke" I quietly talked out loud, imagining Luke was kneeled in front of me and that he could actually hear me. I clasped my hands together, just now noticing how cold and cut open they were. People were walking and shot me some glares. Some were confusing, others were shocking. Some thought I was a walking zombie, others felt sad for me. But mostly, they didn't care. They didn't know what I was going through. And they didn't wanted to know.

Hours passed by. I had problems with keeping my eyes open but I still managed it somehow. I was able to sit here the whole night, I thought. I wasn't planning to leave Luke alone, after all this times I was there for him and not.

It passed twelve and I was extremely tired, but I went a couple of times to get some coffee to keep me aware and awake. When I did that, I quickly rushed back to my place to see if a doctor came out of the room to tell me some news. But there wasn't and I didn't knew when it would be.

A lady came sitting next to me and I supposed that she worked here like a receptionist or something. "Lovely, it's very late. What are you still doing here?" She asked worriedly. I thought it would be rude if I was planning to ignore her so I spoke up,

"Waiting for somebody.. He's in there" I pointed weakly and she nodded. "What's his name?" "Luke.. Luke Brooks. I love him too much, I'm not going to let him go" I replied and kept my eyes focused on the door. The lady shrugged,
"I think you need to go home, to get some rest. Just leave your phone number and I'll immediately contact you when there's news" "No thank you-" "-Yes you should, come" She cut me off and stood up, but I shook my head. It was polite from her that she was trying to help but it wouldn't work anyways. "No no I'm fine-" "It can go one like this for hours, and you aren't even allowed-" "Don't worry. I'm used to staying up late-" Before I could even finish, she cut me off again,

"-C'mon let's go-" I started losing my temper very badly. She opened her mouth again to say something, but I quickly stood up and shouted,

"-I SAID NO!" I was furious, I had my fists clenched and saw how taken away she was. She stood up and sighed, walking away from me. I didn't felt bad, she needed to shut up.

I checked if there wasn't anybody near me, so I grabbed the magazines from the little table and threw them around me. I ripped some, I smashed some at the wall and made a big mess. I grabbed the lighter from my pocket, and turned on the flame. The yellow-orange color took me away for a bit and I looked at the paper pile underneath me. I brought the lighter closer to the pile, craving sweet revenge.

I shook my head and noticed what I was doing. Something was pushing me so far to do this, I could hardly stop myself but I eventually succeeded. I let myself fall in the chair again and started cleaning a bit up so it wouldn't be too noticeable.

I was just so furious, mad, sad, broken and lost that I could set this whole place on fire if I wanted. I wanted Luke, I craved for Luke and I loved Luke. I needed him, wished for him and missed him every single second of the day.

At the point of breaking, at the point of shouting my lungs out, the door beside me opened and I quickly shot my head up. The same doctor as before came walking out of the room and closed the door behind me while I attempted to see something. He was holding a cardboard in his right hand with a pen. "Miss, you're still here?"

I stood up and nodded,

"Y-yes, what's happening in there? Can I see him?" I asked hopefully and bit my lip.

But the look on his face told me already enough. "I'm sorry, but-" "Can I at least give him something? Or-" I was just so curious to see Luke like I haven't seen him in ten years. "Miss-" "-Is he awake? What did y'all did to him?-"

"-MISS!" The doctor called out as he was irritated that I cut him off several times. I apologized and sighed. "What?"

"Luke is in coma.."

The little piece of my heart what was left was almost at breaking. I inhaled and blinked some tears away. "But-But that doesn't mean that he won't get better, doctor. He will get better, right?" I spoke hopefully and begged for answers,

"Doctor?" "He's currently in a very deep coma. The chance that he will wake up and get better is lesser than twenty five precent.. We will manage to do anything, but it will take a whole process and we can't guarantee succes"

Without noticing, tears were streaming and I quickly whipped them away. "Can I at least see him?" I still managed to speak and he looked at me. He saw how much Luke meant to me, so he slightly nodded and I quickly rushed past him.

I walked over to Luke and grabbed his hand. He was cleaned up but still in a terrible state. "Luke..Luke!" I cried out. I heard footsteps so I assumed that the doctors were leaving to give me some time alone with Luke.

"Luke, keep fighting...Keep fighting.. For yourself, for me. For us" I whispered to him. "Luke listen to me! Say something! Wake up already! LUKE! LUKE! I LOVE YOU!" I cried out and rested my head on his stomach. I kept crying on and waited until he said something. But the whole room was silent and you could hear a clock ticking.