The Reason I'm A Nerd And The Scientific Equation To Why I'm Not A Supermodel

Start from the beginning

But she wouldn’t have it, and threatened to take away my “money privileges” so I went to bed, with my tail between my legs because when I say she gets angry, it’s a kind understatement. Tonight I couldn’t sleep because I was so angry that I didn’t have a perfect life, I sighed because I sunk to this state where self pity was what was on my mind 97 percent of my time, whilst the other 3 percent was all Lucas.

I had no boyfriend, my beautiful best friend moved away. No beauty, no fashion sense, nothing! All I get is good grades, to do what ? spend my whole life cooking food (a chosen career path for me by my Dad but mostly my Mum) to make other people happy when im not even happy for myself? So I read magazines and magazines, and think about how I would kill to be those girls, I mean im skinny because my mother is thin and it’s in the genetics I have, but the girls could not care less if I weighed 4 times what I weigh they will still look at me like im the green eyed monster with 3 legs and an extra pair of reading glasses. But the girls in these magazines are just stunning. I fell asleep dreaming for just one day, one day where I could be one of them.

 3rd may

Today it became official that Lucas was dating Amy, or so said ‘Facebook’  well, not that I had a Facebook account but I passed a mob of girls who held the latest and no doubt the most expensive phones in their perfectly manicured hands. They all whispered loudly and excitedly. It seemed this was the news of the moment but why wouldn’t it be, I mean typical popular girl, and a popular guy. I wouldn’t call him typical guy though. Because he is so kind, smart, good looking, charming (okay so I’ve admired that from afar) good-looking, hot, smoking how and did I mention how gorgeous he was? But he was also confusing. I mean why has he chosen to date her? It was almost as complicated to me as using the microwave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In science im partnered with Lucas’s best friend Daniel. Yes I know what your thinking, your so lucky, next to a popular guy! Right? Wrong! We’ve been partners since year seven, because we are probley the smartest people in our year. We are each others biggest competition and as much as I hate to admit it, we are both to of the biggest teachers pet in the world. But the true fact is If he wasn’t best friends with Lucas he would be in the same socio level as I am on the high school food chain, the loser group, and that would mean in my league for dating, I mean, im not saying that I would, because of course im so in love with Lucas but I mean he’s not all to bad, those green eyes and dark mousey brown hair, well all I’m saying is he’s not all to bad, some girls do chase after him, but they are all turned off at the fact he actually knows how to count past ten and I think that scares them. But also the fact he is not as athletic, good looking and just didn’t have the same appeal as Lucas. But what struck me as weird with him was that even when girls did throw themselves at him he just  walks past and ignores them. So much that there was a rumor going around once that he was gay, but it didn’t go very far because he was best friends with Lucas. But also, just a theory of mine, but it was most likely started by a girl with a bruised ego who got knocked back for a date by Daniel.

I do like Daniel, just not the same way as Lucas, even though I would have more chance with Daniel even if he does not back every single girl. But he talks to me, and he s nice. We do have pretty good conversations, but I guess I am the only friend (well I guess he is kind of my friend?) of he’s that can understand scientific calculations. Not only is he the only friend I have at this high school but he is also the only connection I have to Lucas! Today in class we had to test what chemical turns the Bunsen burner different colours, its pretty boring since we know the answers already (I could do it all in my sleep) so we finish early and spend the next 40 minutes talking about TV shows. Mainly forensic shows because he doesn’t need to know I watch The Vampire Diaries. Not that im ashamed or anything.