The Phantomhive Academy Chapter 3

I am so sorry that my updates occur like sightings of a just legal system - few and far between - but here is the next chapter so please don't hurt me, read, vote, comment, whatevs, just enjoy!

Chapter Three -- Honestly, I prefer Blue

Pressing my feet down on the pedals, I easily paced Finnian and Bard's cycling, keeping a good distance, but remaining close enough that I could hear their enthusiastic chatter.

As I leaned forward, trying to find a more comfortable position, I felt Ciel tense up from where his small back had been resting against my chest. I looked down for a moment and cocked my head, a small smirk coming to my lips.

The younger boy was still blushing. A soft, but prominent, rosy color still clung to his cheeks. It may have been the cold wind hitting his face, but then again, it was not all that cold out.

While keeping a eye on the road, I readjusted my position on the bike. Looking down at my smaller companion, I studied his features again. He looked rather like a cat, with his haughty 'I-am-superior' look and disinterested eyes. Then I took in how small he looked in my coat.

More like a kitten.

I mentally purred at the thought. If I had a weak-spot, it was most assuredly cats. And this little cat-like boy was certainly quite feline in all of his mannerisms.

Just as I began picturing him with cat ears and a tail, my eyes registered that Finnian and Bard had stopped moving. I quickly halted my motions and allowed the bike to glide to a halt beside them. Hopping off smoothly, I then picked Ciel up and lifted him off the handle bars. His small hands gripped my shoulders again, bringing to mind another image of Night, my beautiful cat, clawing at my clothes. Only, it wasn't Night.

Shaking the frightfully appealing thought from my mind, I placed the boy on the ground and locked the bike. With a snap of my wrist, I flung the keys at Bard, who caught them - if only just.

I looked around the town - or at least, the area we were in. I could see a reddish brick road leading to what I assumed was the town square, and a few smaller paths breaking off into alleyways lined with stores. Many familiar heads were bobbing around - boys from the Academy - alongside tittering girls with bleach blond hair and an insane amount of make up that just screamed 'Fake'. That, and another word I preferred not to use.

My eyes wandered over the various girls, skipping from one short-skirted beauty to the next. While a part of me could appreciate the obvious aestheticism of their figures, I found myself distinctly uninterested as the ones who caught my wandering eyes giggled and waved. My head turned away from them, though, when I felt a tug on my sleeve.

I looked down at Ciel, whose dark blue eyes seemed to be alight with...irritation? A part of me was tempted to laugh, but I remained silent and merely smiled, placing my hand over his black-clad shoulder.

My eyes turned to Bard and Finny, but they no longer stood where I had last seen them. Looking around, I finally spotted the two blond heads hovering around a red-headed girl. Walking up to them, with my arm still around Ciel's shoulders, I took in the features of the red-head.

Large glasses, a blue dress, red hair done up in two buns. Nothing too special. But the first real female I had seen in the town so far. Her dress was not skimpy in any way, but instead came down to her knees, followed by black stockings and equally black combat boots that went over her ankles.

Finnian finally interrupted my staring.

"Sebastian! This is the friend we were talking about!" He grinned happily, waving his hands at the girl as if to present her.