1

My dad and I were running through the woods. I was following right behind him. We were being chased by some freaks trying to kill us. My dad ran into our cabin and I right after him. We heard someone cock their gun. I pointed my deagle towards the person. He was an older fellow, he wore a cowboy hat and a vest. Then there was a loud bang at the door. Those freaks caught up. All three of us aimed our guns. The door busted open and a bunch of freaks came in. I wish I would've heard the door behind us.

"AHHHHHHH! " My dad screamed. Over half of them were gone. I kicked the freak off of my dad and started smacking it over and over again in the face until you couldn't tell it was human. All the freaks were gone and I heard my dad gasping for air.

  "Dad? Dad please don't leave. I can't lose you too. Please stay with me." He couldn't keep his eyes open and I started crying when his body went limp. "Dad... I need you. Don't die.. Wake up... Wake up dad... Please." I was a sobbing mess.

  "Hey there Missy.. I'm sorry for your loss, but W-we should probably put him down before he comes back... " The man said. I nodded.

  "C-can you leave? I don't want to see anyone after this... Thank you for the help... But if I see you again... I'll shoot you... " I could see he was surprised. He thought I was joking but after a few seconds he left. I heard my dad start breathing, but I knew it wasn't him. I push my foot onto his chest to keep him from moving. When his eyes opened they were glazed over and his eyes looked a lot darker. Blood was coming out of his mouth as he grabbed my leg and tried to bite my foot. "I'm sorry."

Tallahassee pov

Bang!
Bang!

After I heard the two gun shots from the cabin I started to walk away and thought the woods back towards the road. Memories back when buck was taken from my life flashed through my mind. I know exactly what she is feeling... And it's painful. I finally made it to a road and found my hummer still there. I smiled and got in. I started driving, wondering if the girl will be ok.

Your Pov

As I held my dad's, completely, dead body I couldn't help but cry. I lost my mother when I was born. I lost my older brother to a car crash and now my dad to those stupid freaks. I wanted to end my life right now, but I know my dad wouldn't want that. I stood up and grabbed a blanket. I covered my dad with it from head to toe. Before I left the cabin I grabbed a empty backpack and put an extra pair of clothes in it, food, water, matches, flashlight, a blanket, paper, pencils, a Walkman my dad gave me, a picture with me, my dad and my brother on it and two combat knives. I put my deagle in my thigh holster and I started walking to the road and to look for a car. While I was walking I found a really nice car. A black 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS to be exact. I ran my hand across the hood enjoying the smooth feeling. I checked for keys and found them. There was gas, the battery was fine, it didn't need an oil or tire change, and it also had a good break line. I checked the windows to make sure there were no freaks. Luckily there were none. But there was a duffle bag in the back seat. I opened the door then opened the bag. There was a Remington shotgun, a galelil, two 1911s, food and drinks, even some snack cakes. I put my bag in the back with the duffle bag, but I grabbed my Walkman before getting in the front seat. Once I turned the key, I was sitting there enjoying the sound of the engine roar to life. I took out the cassette tape and put it in the radio. I turned it up and started driving. My dad let me pick some cassettes, so I got some newer and older bands, but the one I picked was a demun Jones one. The song Dreams of Mine came on and I sang along. After awhile of driving and switching cassettes I found a place to stay for the night.

1 year later

I was walking down the high way with my backpack and duffle bag. Your probably wondering what happened to the car... It got stolen. And that made me a little mad. Now I'm walking trying to find a new car until I saw someone a little farther ahead of me. I ran to catch up to him. I had my deagle ready just in case.

  "Are you human? " I asked. The man jumped like a frightened bunny. And pointed a shotgun at me.

  "Y-yes... Are you? " I looked at him like he was stupid. "Of course you are... The dead don't talk." He mumbled.

  "Where are you headed? " I asked him.

  "Columbus Ohio.. And you? "

  "I'm going to Anywhere... "

  "Are you serious? Do you want to travel together? " He asked nervously.

  "Why not. " As we started walking we didn't say much. After I had to fix my pants, they were crooked and I had to tuck them into my steal toe boots. I rolled up the sleeves to my flannel and pulled down my short tank top down a little but it went right back above my belly button. I tightened my brown belt on my ripped blue jeans. I took out my Walkman and hooked it on my belt. I put my headphones around my neck.

  "I like your Walkman. I haven't seen those around for a while. " Columbus said.

  "Thanks my dad gave it to me. "

  "So your lookin for your parents as well? " He asked.

  "No. My mom died when I was born and my dad die last year when it all started. "

  "Oh. I'm so-" He got cut off by the sound of a car hitting another one. Columbus pulled me behind a car. When the hummer stopped by us I pulled out my deagle. When the guy stepped out of the car, my eyes went wide. Tears were in my eyes. I could tell he recognized me  but the way his eyes widened as well. Then his attention went on Columbus as he stuck his thumb out. The guy who helped me a year ago nodded his head towards the car telling us to get in. I waited for columbus to walk away and when he got in the back seat I pointed my deagle at the man's head. Tears were threatening to fall. He didn't flinch when I pressed the gun against him. My hand got shakey and I started to cry. He put his hand on mine and gently pulled it down. Then he pulled me into a hug. I hugged back and tried so hard to not cry. Only a few tears slipped out. After a few minutes I put my stuff in the back seat with Columbus then I got in passenger seat.

  "So what's your name? " Columbus asked.

  "No, no names. Where you guys headed?" He asked us.

  "Columbus... "He nodded towards him and then he looked at me. I was still shocked.

  " Anywhere. " I told him.

  "Well then you can call me Tallahassee. "

  "Hey do you think you can give me a ride? "

  "What does it look like I'm doing." Tallahassee starts the car and Columbus told him that he should buckle up. I rolled my eyes and put my feet up on the seat, hugged my knees, rested my head on them and looked out the window. I could see Tallahassee look over at me every now and then through the reflection of the window. We came to a stop on the side of the highway. We got out of the truck and to a hostess truck.

  "A hostess truck?" Columbus asked. Tallahassee started talking about Twinkies. Then Columbus started stretching. I sat up on the hill just watching. Then all I heard was Tallahassee yell.

  "Snoballs?... SNOBALLS!!!.. WHERE'S ALL THE F***ING TWINKIES! " I started laughing a bit. But every time I look at Tallahassee's face I remember what happened a year ago. When they came back up the hill Columbus handed me a pack of snoballs. I thanked him and we got back in the car. I sat the same way from before and our next stop was a grocery store. I kept my deagle in my thigh holster as Tallahassee grabbed a metal base ball bat, banjo and bush trimmers.

  "It's time to nut up or shut up. " We walk into the building and he strums the banjo. A fat zombie runs towards us and he walks towards it.

  " You got a purty mouth. " He smacked them over and over again in the head. Another one chases Columbus and Tallahassee pulled out the base Ball bat. He ran towards Tallahassee.

  "Don't swing don't swing. " He slid past Tallahassee. "Swing! " Tallahassee swung and hit the zombie in the head.  He starts looking for Twinkies.

  "Twinkie, Twinkie, woah... " A large zombie, and I mean LARGE appears. Tal takes the bush trimmers. "Let's take a little off the top. " The zombies head went rolling across the floor. As we were still walking around a girl walked in looking stressed. Something seemed off to me about her.

  "Come quick.. "

____________________

Chapter 1 done