Chapter 5: Scandalized

The majority of the Professors were arguing for me to get some serious punishment. This was just another blunder in my long record of blunders and most of my professors were sick of it. Unfortunately they took their arguing to the Headmaster's office, leaving me to the mercy of Derek in the infirmary. He spent most of the time alone plotting in the corner, and when another student got rushed in took the opportunity to cast his revenge.

I knew he had put some sort of glamour on me if the smirk on his face was any indication, but looking in the mirror on the wall was still a shock causing me to all but fall over. My glamour wasn't too extreme by Derek's standards as in the mirror I had slightly pointed ears, vibrant green eyes and feathered black hair with fluoro streaks. It was only a slight change and yet no one had recognized me as I walked into the hall after being given permission to go to lunch, not even Dandy or Amelia. Then again Dandy was giving me the silent treatment and Amelia was avoiding me, but still.

Unfortunately some Professors didn't care to hear that this was Derek's way of getting even and so far I had cost the house 50 points and Neville was most likely going to kill me in his class after everything that happened this morning.Even more so that a rumour had spread like wildfire about him and me having some secret affair. All of lunch I was watching Chris and half of Slytherin as they watched him with murderous intent. I was very tempted to go up to him and say 'well, you said that we could continue to have our fun...' but I value my life so I kept my mouth shut. I counted myself lucky that they considered Derek's revenge and the month of detentions on my plate as my official punishment.

After a very awkward lunch of people looking at me like I was crazy I dragged myself to Herbology, taking as long as I could without actually being too late. I walked in with an apology on my lips only to find Neville cornered by Devrin, Amy, Derek and Teacup. Mud brown was also present, sitting at the front of the class talking to some students. Apparently the Professor had yet to find a solution to my botched spell.

'Tell us the truth,' Amy told him, crossing her arms and looking at him expectantly.

'And only the truth,' Derek added, watching Neville's every move with barely concealed amusement.

'Or else,' Devrin finished, twirling his wand between his fingers. He was one of Chris and Dereks friends from our year and actually in Gryffindor. I knew it was a stupid move on their part to threaten a Professor with a wand when there were witnesses. It was best to do it when there wasn't anybody else in the room.

'What are you guys going on about? I'm in the middle of teaching a class so please refrain yourselves and come back at a more appropriate time,' Neville said, looking thoroughly annoyed. Derek burst out laughing, knocking the wand out of Devrin's hand. Amy rolled her eyes and walked to his desk to stand beside Dandy. The rest of the class looked very concerned and ready to jump to action if needed.

'Just tell us whether or not you are taking advantage of Blair, she is much more naive than she appears,' Dandy said looking like they wanted to be anywhere but here. Naive? Me?

'What do you mean, taking advantage?' Neville demanded, pulling away from the wall. You could practically feel the class breath out a sigh of relief.

'Are you in a physical relationship with Blair?' Amy asked, giving him an exasperated look. Realisation seems to dawn on his face finally as he grabs a book off his desk.

'No, shes a whore,' he snorted. Realisation of what he said dawned on his face as the class became deadly silent. It lasted a good 30 seconds where everyone looked at him in shock. 30 seconds in which I managed to get over my crush on him, consider him a ass and figure the best course of action would be to punch him and then go back to the way things were last year. Making his life a living hell. Teacup squeaked, charging at Neville, before running circles around him, attacking him.