Prologue

My Divided Heart

Copyright © 2012 by BluePurp_38

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without any written permission from me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Prologue"

For how many years, she believed that the person she loves so much is already dead. Then suddenly, she met a person who claimed that he was her lover's brother and told her that she had a memory disorder and a partial memory loss. Not only that, he also claimed that the one she truly loves is him and not his brother whom she had seen in her memories.

*************

"Boom!" A loud explosive sound burst as the waiters started to pop the balloons one by one.

Clence walked up to me, looking happy and amazed with the surprise I prepared for him. His aura was so elegant which made him perfectly fit on the theme I've set for this very special day. His face shone brilliantly like he was an angel who came down from heaven with glitters all over his body. I don't know if I saw it right, but one thing I am sure of is that I am madly and irrevocably in love with him.

When he was near enough to me, I felt my heart swell with happiness. Immediately, I ran to him without any hesitations. "Boom!" I popped the balloon and wrapped my legs around his waist.

He hugged me tightly and put me down carefully, making me seat properly in one of the restaurant's chair. "Levynne, be formal." He sighed. "We're not alone. Can't you see the waiters are watching us?" he nodded, looking at the waiters around us.

I narrowed my eyes, staring at the waiters. Oh please stop looking at us waiters! Don't make me regret for choosing this restaurant.

"Okay, if that's what you want. Anyway, happy third anniversary babe! I love you very much," I said, trying to look cheerful, but I don't think it worked. I grabbed the collar of his polo and kissed him on the cheeks. I looked directly into his eyes and saw a hint of sadness on it. "Do you have a problem, Clence?" My lips twitched into a frown.

"N-No." His voice was emotionless, but the sadness in his eyes were still as clear as the water. And now his eyes were avoiding to meet mine. Maybe he knew that his eyes can't lie to me. This is really making me feel uneasy! Why can't he tell me?

"Oh c'mon! You were always honest to me. Since when did you change?" I asked with a hint of worry and frustration in my voice. I cupped his face with my hands and made him look at me in the eyes.

Only a couple of minutes passed, but it seemed like eternity to me. He still didn't give me an answer and he keeps on looking away. It's like I'm a very ugly person that he can't stand looking at me even for a few seconds. And it made me feel more nervous than before. For all the years that we've been together this was the first time that he acted strange and unusual in front of me. He never tried avoiding my eyes before. Why is he acting like this? The uneasy feeling grew large inside of me as a ridiculous theory came into my mind. Is it because he already has someone else? I felt my heart tightened. But . . . that's impossible! He will never do that to me. Never! I declared as I tried to push away the ridiculous theory on my head. However, I know that a part of me doesn't agree to it because it's the part that is full of doubt.

After a moment of silence, he bent a little and wrapped his arms around me. He knelt down and slowly kissed my forehead with all the passion and respect.

"I love you too babe and no words can describe how much I love you. You know that, right?" He asked in a very low voice, showing me an unobvious forced smile and a very sincere look.

Of course I know that but something's wrong. I can feel it. It felt like . . . he's saying goodbye secretly. I bit my lip, gathering enough strength and confidence to ask him the question that floats in my mind right now. "Seriously, what are you hiding to me? You're making me feel nervous and worried at the same time. Can't you give me any clue?" I asked and pushed him a little, making him see my worried face.

"I'm sorry Levynne but . . . " His voice trailed off as he stood up straight, avoiding my confused gaze.

And the next thing happened . . . ugghhh! I don't want to remember it anymore. For three years I've been like this. Always reminiscing the days we've shared together and feeling the same pain each time I remember it.

I sat up on the bed, knees up to my chest and my arms wrapped around my folded legs.

"Oh God why are you so cruel to me? Why did you let me meet him when in fact you know that he will never stay with me forever? Why?" I shouted. My vision started to become blurry as my tears began to run heavily on my face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dedicate this chapter to KAHZUMI! Thank you very much for supporting every chapter of my 2 stories. I really appreciate them. :))

THE NUMBER OF YEARS YOU'VE SPENT TOGETHER IS NEVER BEEN ENOUGH TO INDICATE THAT YOUR LOVE FOR EACH OTHER IS REAL!!!

Please don't forget to vote especially if you think that this chapter deserves it! Thanks in advance! :D

--> BluePurp_38 :D