Baking

This one is really short.

"Ugghhhh." I moaned and shifted positions. I whimpered as pain shot up my arms and legs. My eyelids fluttered open, and I saw a blurry person standing over me.

Dexter.

I laughed with relief. I was safe.

"You're awake." He said and handed me a bottle of something. It looked green and purple and looked very slimy. Ewwwwwwww I thought and even though it looked gross, I still drank it down. I started coughing, no choking and Dexter handed me another bottle. It was water this time. I drank it down and started breathing again.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. I tried sitting up, but that was a mistake. He propped me up until I could see the room around me.

"Feeling better," I whispered, not wanting to use my voice. "My body aches though. How did you know I was there?"

"I could just tell, you and me are cousins, we have a connection." He said and I watched him sit down on the bed. "And I could feel that Muriel was up to something. Something not good. I finally beat her by using my blasting rod. It finally took her down. Once and for all."

"Well thanks Dexter." I croaked. "I am glad I have such a great cousin like you. I don't know what I'd do without you." I smiled and he returned it back.

"You should be feeling better soon. The first bottle I handed you takes about five minutes to kick in." Something surged through me and I felt like I could bounce off the walls for the rest of my life. I stood up and hopped out of bed. I recognized the walls immediately, I was in my room.

"Well, I better be heading out. I have some other things I need to get done."

"Thanks again Dexter." I said and I gave him a hug. I walked him out and the rest of the people who were part of the rescue were piled in a giant van. "Love ya!" I yelled as he got in his car and drove off. I sighed. I was lonely again! But this time I didn't have crazy freaky ladies coming after me. I smiled and checked my phone. It was already July 3rd! Mom, dad, and Nate were coming for the fourth of July! I had to hurry before they got here. I rushed back inside. As I folded the laundry and started making beds, my thoughts wandered back to the pumpkin. I could make a pumpkin pie! I thought and after I was done with the sheets, I went into the kitchen to start baking.