Chapter three

" Absolutely not!" Mom hissed. Rosetta, Nicholas, and I had told mom about our plan to travel this summer, but things aren't going to good.

" Why not?!" I whinnied. Nicholas lead Rosetta to the couch to sit.

" Well first," Snapped mom. " We don't have money to send you two anywhere." She pulled out a mug from the cupboard and started brewing coffee.

" But mom, Nicholas is paying for us to go." Rosetta explained. Mom grabbed her mug and took a sip, pondering this remark.

" Nicholas, sweetie, are you sure you want to pay for this? It's awfully expensive." Moms voice went soft. Nicholas stood up and straighten his collar.

" I would be honored to. Anything to make these ladies happy." He said.

" Okay, " Mom began. " but I still don't want to send you guys across the world alone. And I can't come because of work and your brother." She finished. She took another sip, and decided that it needed more sugar and went to the pantry.

" Mom, we are 18. We can handle ourselves. Plus we got each other." Rosetta said, trying to convince her.

" We have to take this trip. Dad had tought us that traveling will change your life. And I want that for us. I want to know what's out there beyond this town." I said quietly, yet assertive.

Mom turned around and gave me and Rose a hug.

" You sound so much like your father. He would ramble on and on about the places he went to." Mom chocked up. She let go of us and we looked at her.

" Fine, you girls can go. But be extra careful." She said. A huge smile grew on my face and my eyes went wide.

" For real?!" Screeched Rosetta. " Omg mom thank you!!" I boomed.

Hugging her again and jumping up and down, Rosetta and I ran up stairs to pack and plan.

" Okay, so we need to purchase a passport, and find a place to stay in Paris." I listed as I was throwing close in a suitcase.

" Yes, and we also need to download a translation app." Rosetta added, while putting her makeup in a travel bag. Nicholas walked in and say in the circle chair.

"Honey, can you do us a favor?" Rosetta asked as she folded her cloths.

" Of corse, what is it?" Nicholas sat up straight. I turned around to look at her. A favor? For both of us? Hmmm.

" Well we are going to be gone for two weeks," Rosetta spoke. She stopped packing and looked at him. " And we feel bad for leaving mom alone, and Matthew won't be much help. So if you don't mind.." She trailed of.

" I would love to spend time with your mom and look after everything." Nicholas cu her off. Smart guy.

I didn't think about how lonely mom was going to be, with Matthew always gone with his girlfriend.

I was so excited I didn't even notice. Rosetta is so kind and selfless. The person I wish to be.

" Well that's everything." I sighed as I zipped the last suitcase. Rosetta and I are heading to Paris tomorrow. We will be staying in a little hotel really close to the center of the city. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

I stacked all of our bags next to the front door, so it's ready for the morning. I made sure that me and Rosetta packed extra clothes, just in case something happens and we need to change.

But that means we have to pay extra for airplane storage. Ugh.

Rosetta headed to the bathroom for a shower. She loves to take long, hot showers before something exciting.