(⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄)

"mitsubaaaa!~" kou yelled running down the school hallway towards his friend. the pink haired boy turned around to see who was calling him. he covered his face with his sleeve, secretly blushing underneeth his cover. "hey mitsuba!" kou panted, out of breath.

"what do you want, blondie?" mitsuba teased. turning away from kou a little. he floated a little above the ground, but was still a little shorter than kou.

"nothing much girly face," kou giggled, "but i had something to tell you."

"augh, get on with it!" mitsuba scoffed mischievously into his sleeve, "im sick of looking at that dumb traffic ear ring." kou gave mitsuba a light, playful shove and laughed.

"oh shut up! i just came to tell you... theres a new girl in school." kou's voice trailed off near the end of the sentence. mitsuba looked at his face as he plopped on a nearby bench. he had a dopey grin smeared on his face and pink cheeks. mitsuba always said how dumb kou's face looked, but now that he looked closer... no!! what was he thinking. mitsuba shook his head and closed his eyes tight, trying to squeeze the thoughts out of his head. he looked at kou right in the eyes.

"yeah what about it? like i care." mitsuba looked for kou's reaction. he just looked the same: that dumb, stupid smile

"well... to be honest she reminds me of you." kou said quietly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"are you saying i act like a girl?" mitsuba yelled in a convicting tone.

"n-no!! well yes- but you didn't let me finish!" kou stuttered. mitsuba folded his arms and turned his head away from kou, waiting for an explanation.

"w-well, i was gonna say she acts like you because shes never afraid to speak her mind..." kou tried to explain. mitsuba turned his back to kou. i guess hes not that happy, kou thought. he stood up and went over to mitsuba. kou lightly grabbed mituba's delicate hand, causing the boy to jump. mitsuba spun around very fast, holding the hand kou had just grabbed close to his chest.

"what the hell do you think you're doing?!" mitsuba stumbled over his words, his face flushed the same pink shade as his hair.

"ah im uh... just, sorry i guess. i was just trying to-"

"well don't!" mitsuba interrupted loudly. kou's happy expression faded quickly.

"...whatever. uh, see you around mituba." kou said solemnly. suddenly, mitsuba felt bad. had he done something wrong? kou seemed... oddly upset. mitsuba watched him get further away down the hall.

"w-wait!" mitsuba yelled down the hall to kou. the blonde spun around quickly. they both stared at each other in scilence for a minute. "uh... c-can i come with you?" motsuba stuttered nervously. kou just smiled and laughed, his happy expression flowing back to his face.

"of course!!"