Not only you have love stories ... we have too

I am a normal kid at my school who likes to play with everyone else, ride on the swing and eat cheese.

But no one seems to be interested in me as I occupy half of the space while playing, the swing seem to collapse under my weight and sweets will just add to the fatty layers in my body.

I feel so sad when the other kids bully me by saying "Fat ass" or "Loser" etc. I feel so embarrassed. None of the girls ever look up to me and the boys love to bully me. I am their favorite pass time.

It was a normal day like others. I was sitting at my usual desk at the back right beside the window. I saw red-orange maple leaves falling from trees outside. It was Autumn time which seems very soothing to me.

Its my favourite season. I was waiting for the moon festival. Its lovely watching all the lanterns around on a dark night. My mom packed me some mooncakes today.

While I was daydreaming Mr. Patrick called out my name to read a new chapter. Of course none of the students helped me and I trying to figure out from where to read exactly. Finally I got a bitter scolding from my literature teacher as I was not following what was taught.

Thank God the bell rang shortly afterwards putting an end to this. I merely took out my lunch box when I heard someone yelling. Yeah I heard a girl yelling.

I searched a bit when my eyes caught the sight of a beautiful girl. She was all white with beautiful black eyes. Her nose was a bit pink which made her look cute.

Some boys were torturing her as she refused to share her lunch. Though I am fat and shy but that doesn't means I will watch someone in pain like that.

I walked up to the spot and grabbed the nearest boy by his collar. " If you love your life then leave that girl otherwise kiss it goodbye." I shot back some evil looks.

The other guys simply laughed seeing that their fatty is threatening them. They burst out laughing as they could not believe I could do something like that. Whatever! I don't care right now.

There was a tall guy wearing a black t-shirt on which it was written " DON'T MESS WITH ME COZ YOU ARE GONNA REGRET, SO BACK OFF" I could see he was tightening his grip causing the girl to scream even louder.

I couldn't tolerate their smiling faces anymore so I landed a hard punch right on his face. The others were a bit shocked by my reaction. It was unexpected.

I was also surprised to see that the boy fell back. Before this I never realised that I also endure power. My heart was beating fast. I couldn't believe myself what I did just now.

The other guys now picked up their hockey sticks leaving the girl alone. I backed a few steps picturing what would happen now. Suddenly I began to feel so weak. One against four is unfair.

That tall guy was back on his feet and commanded others, " He has dared to touch me . Show this fat ass the result now. Fattie ... today you are going nowhere." He stretched the word NOW in a loud voice. His smile was deadly.

Another guy burst our laughing,"One fattie protecting another fattie. Its gonna be fun today."

A soon as he commanded everybody raced to land their sticks on my body. I was so terrified that I closed my eyes not knowing how much will it pain now. I could hear the calm breeze still blowing outsid, the voices of children, birds chirping, squirrels fighting for their nuts. God Please save me.

"You boys stop now." I heard a loud familiar voice. Yes it was Mr. Patrick. I was so glad to see him today otherwise I hate him because he scolds too much. My face brightened up at once.

I could see those guys stepping away now. Everybody is afraid of punishment after all.

"Are you alright Jason?" I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder. I felt so good and relieved especially saved.

I nodded showing him that I was fine. Now I directed my eyes to that girl who was standing with Mr.Patrick the whole time.

"All thanks to Rosie. She was just on time to report me the situation. These boys are getting naughty day by day. I will talk to their parents. Take care Jason." My teacher patted me and walked away leaving the two of us together. I watched her through the corner of my eye.

I blushed. She was so cute. I couldn't help myself but a smile appeared as I was happy to hear that she helped me today. No one did that before except my parents. I was too shy to utter even a single word.

I think she understood that I was shy, so she started first. "Hi I am Rosie. You can call me Rose."

"Hi I am Jason. People call me fattie. You can call anything you please." I said in a small voice. No one likes me here. She is just showing me some gratitude as I helped her today.

"I am good with Jason. What you did was brave because not everybody could do that. Thank you so much. When no one came you were the ones to rescue." She smiled. Wow...she looked even more pretty with her sweet smile.

"Thats nothing. Next time eat your lunch fast before they get to you." I smiled back.

"Yeah thanks. I know how it feels to be fat. So no need to be shy with me. Well would you mind coming to the moon festival with me tonight? My parents are out , I need company." She asked.

I looked at her. There was a twinkle in her eyes. Still there is doubt in my mind. Is she fooling me. Might be she will take me there and then insult me in front of her friends. Though we were of the same size, I mean we were equally fat yet she has at least three or five friends.

After thinking for a while I answered at last, " I don't fit in your group much. I don't think I will be going. Sorry."

"Oh Please. Don't say no. I am not going with anyone. Just the two of us." She gave me a pleading look.

My mind was jumping up and down. Did she really say just the two of us. I don't wanna lose such a golden opportunity.

"Okay. When will I pick you up?" I said casually trying to remain calm. I don't wanna show how excited I was.

"At 7:30. Near my house. My family has got a personal boat. It will be fun watching the lanterns in the sky while drifting on water." The twinkle in her eyes was still there. I dont know whether she was really happy or pretending but I felt so good.

"Okay. I will be on time." I started thinking so many things what to wear and all.

The bell rang and we parted our ways. I ran through the roads, walked on the benches, picked up the leaves and threw them upwards. I know it was funny yet I enjoyed. I sang happily all the way until I reached home.