Chapter 1

Ishigami Byakuya was a kind man. He showed great compassion to others. His eyes always held hope even when facing the hardest problems in life.

January 4, 20XX, was another year for Ishigami Senku's birthday. Byakuya was hurrying home, cake in hand, excited to celebrate the rest of the day with his son. It was raining, making it harder for him to be able to go home, but it was a good thing that he managed to bring an umbrella.

ーa small sneeze.

Byakuya saw a huddled child at the sidewalk. His clothes soaking wet, making it obvious to see that the child had been in the rain for hours. His complexion pale as he tried to keep himself warm.

One can quickly conclude what the child was doing out in the rain, alone. It had a high possibility of the child being abandoned.

"Young boy... where are your parents?" Despite what he had thought, Byakuya still wanted to make sure. Maybe the child only ran away from home in a rush due to some unknown conflict.

The child looked at him, and Byakuya was momentarily shocked to see a rare eye color. It didn't look like yellow as it was more of a golden color, accompanied with a shade of purple with it.

ーHe had just woken up and it was sososo cold. He was freezing and all he wanted was to collapse and faint just to alleviate the pain. But his body won't let him. The rain long seeped into his clothes, but after what seems to be hours, the rain stopped. It was still raining but the rain that fell on him stopped. He looked up and saw a man looking at him with worry while holding an umbrella to cover him.

"No... I have no.. parents... none." The small trembling voice of the child made him look more pitiful and sickly.

Another sneeze and Byakuya's heart throb painfully.

"Do you want to come with me for a while?" Byakuya did his best to not sound like a creepy old man. After a few seconds, all he got was a stare from the child.

"It's my son's birthday! I'm sure he would like some company!" Byakuya knew that Senku wasn't one who liked the company of others and would rather spend his time twiddling with his own devices. But seeing an abandoned child like this, alone in the rain, he knew he would feel guilty for as long as he lived if he ignores the child.

"Mister..." the boy spoke again, but now his voice gaining clarity and less trembling.

And after that, Byakuya heard an unexpected follow-upー

"... are you a pedophile?"

The child woke up screaming

He felt momentary seeping pain. Right down to his very core.

It all felt so real.

And he felt tired. So tired.

Dizzy. Unfocused.

Bewildered on where he was.