Chapter 4: Strange Feelings

I walk out of 8th period with Miguel heading to my locker to meet up with Brandy and Devon. We laugh and reminisce on the good times we used to share and what's been going on with him since he left. As we walk down the hall we get stares and people start whispering to their feiends. As if walking down the hall with a fine dude is a crime. Tuh, jealous heffas. We reach my locker and I see my friends impatiently waiting for me.

"Girl come on lets go! I'm getting old standing waiting on you dammit." Brandy yells at me.

"Hey guys y'all remember Miguel? " I say introducing him to Devon and Brandy.

"Of course I do. How can I forget a fine, sexy man like you?" Brandy says cheeseing hella bright giving him a hug.

"Oh yeah, that nigga who broke your heart back in the day?" Devon whispers.

"I'm sorry bruh I didn't catch that." Miguel replies

"Oh yeah, that nigga with the fly J's on. Them shoes hot!" Devon says giving him dap with a fake smile planted on his face.

"Hey Miguel, why don't you come hang out at the mall with us this afternoon?" Brandy asks.  "Yeah, it'll be fun." I add.

"Umm nah, I already got plans and plus your man Devon over here clearly doesn't want me around."

"I mean if the girls want you there why not come. You can holla at a few females, get their numbers, hit it and quit it. It should be fun....especially for you."

"Whoa, what you tryna say?"

"Nothing man I just heard a lot about you and from what I heard you're quite the ladies man." Devon says looking at me with hella attitude.

"Nah, imma changed man I belong to one woman and one woman only." Miguel says winking at me putting his arm around me.

Okay this just got weird for me too quick.

"Ok so I don't think it's a good idea that you hang with us today maybe some other time. I'll talk to you later Miguel."

"Ok bae can't wait." He says kissing me on the cheek looking at Devon with a slight smile . I smile a little embarrassed by his actions and he walks away. 

"Damn girl you got him hooked. What did y'all do before y'all got here?" Brandy asks with anticipation.

"Nothing we just....talked. Are you guys ready to go cause I got the munchies like crazy?"

"Yeah lets go." Brandy answers. I look at Devon ready for him to answer but all I see on his face is anger and pure hatred. What's his deal? I think to myself.

"DEVON!" Brandy yells at him. "WHAT?!" He screams back.  "Hold up partner, who you think you talking to cause your ass will get bopped. Second, are you coming or not bruh?"

"Nah man I'll catch up with y'all later." He says giving Brandy a hug and walks right passed me as if I wasn't even standing there. "Well by to you to then Devon." I say to him with hella attitude. 

"Tuh." He replied and brushed his hand at me as if I were a fart. I swear Devon can be such a female sometimes.

"Damn Nancy you got that boy all in his feelings."

"What are you talking about Brandy?"

"Ugh, how stupid can you be? I would tell you but I want you to figure that out for yourself. I wanna see how your love situation unfolds."

"Love situation?  Girl I am not in love with no one right now." Or at least I don't think I am.

"Yea you are you just don't know which guy you really have feelings for. But in due time it'll all show I promise you that boo." She says and we head to the parking lot.

During the ride to the mall, all I can think about is what Brandy was talking about and how Miguel and Devon reacted towards each other. I also thought about my feelings towards them both. I mean I do like Miguel cause he was my first love or so I thought. We talked about us today in class and how he feels about our situation, but we didn't go into depth about it. As for Devon, lately I've been viewing him differently especially when he gave me that hug this morning. But it wasn't anything more than just a hug, well at least for me it wasn't. I honestly don't know how I feel.

When Brandy and I get to the mall, Devon sends me a text saying,
"We need to talk."