Chapter 35

Callies POV

I blacked out after Chad told me about his prosthetic, I'm not mad at him for not telling me sooner but I'm also not happy about him not telling me sooner.  I don't know what to do.

"Baby? Are you ok?" I ask as I grab her hand.

"Why did you hide it from me?" She asks.

"I was scared that you would see me differently and that it would make you regret being with me," I say.

"You must not remember when I was with Arizona! She lost her leg and I was the one that amputated it! I'm the reason she doesn't have a leg! I've been through it before! NOTHING IS GOING TO MAKE ME LOVE YOU ANY LESS!" She screams at me as she begins crying.

"I do remember that, and if I also remember correctly you aren't the one that amputated her leg. Karev is. And he is also the one who amputated my leg." I say.

"That son of a bitch, he told Arizona that I was the one who cut her leg off, and of course I went along with it so Arizona didn't kill Karev," She says.

"Hey, it's ok, If it wasn't done neither Arizona nor I would be alive today. We lost to much blood and there was just to much damage. I know it's frustrating and upsetting, so I'll stay at a hotel tonight and give you time to yourself to process everything." I say as I stand up and head to our bedroom.

"Please don't leave," She says as she grabs my arm.

"Are you sure?" I ask as I grab her hand.

"Yes, I just want you by my side right now, I know if we spend the night apart tonight we might not be able to overcome this. I can't lose you, if you hadn't of come back into my life I don't think I would be here today." She says as she stands up and walks towards me.

"Before you say anything I know you tried to kill yourself a year ago, I was at the hospital helping out when I overheard from Arizona about it. I was going to stop by and talk to you but I didn't want to upset you anymore, seeing as it was me who caused your pain and caused you to feel that way. So I finished what I had to at the hospital and left before you came back. I regret doing it and I thought about you every day. I want you to come with me to my house for a minute I need to show you something." I say as I grab my car keys and head towards my house.

"I want you to move in with me," She says as she looks at me.

"Really?" I ask as I smile.

"If you want to, I know it has only been two months since we got back together but it just feels right." She says.

"Of course I'll move in with you," I say as we pull into my driveway.

"This is such a beautiful place," She says as we walk into my house.

"So, remember all those love letters you wrote me way back when and all the pictures we have taken together. I never got rid of them. Every time I felt down, or Jane and I got into a major fight or my mother in law caused problems or any bad things happened, or I felt like life wasn't worth it. I looked at those letters and all those memories we had together because I knew way deep down in my heart that you were the one. Yes, Jane and I loved each other but I knew deep down it wasn't meant to last." I say as I show her the letters and photos.

"Why didn't you come back around sooner?" She asks as we look at all the photos.

"Had a feeling you moved on and I didn't want to interfere with something that was good for you, and I also got caught up with my job as a homicide detective which caused me to get into some really bad situations.  and I got overly focused on that and finding bad guys instead of the things that really matter to me which is my job at the hospital, which I'm so thankful Webber allowed me to come back,"  I say.