Chapter 4: "Round 1!"

The Tournament this year was being held in the Galaxy View Senior High's gymnasium. Which was kinda odd, considering It has only ever been hosted by venue's outside of the city. Hey I'm not complaining, home court advantage and all that. Them holding it right here in my "backyard" for once, has got to be a good omen.

     Sean and I zoom into the parking lot, zipping into a parking space and nearly take out a blue and black sport motorcycle parked next to us. I think it's a Kawasaki ninja. Talk about being on the nose. Nice looking bike though.

     Before we even get inside, we hear the Gymnasium erupt with the cheers of the crowd as their family and friends compete in this year's National Martial Arts Finales. The best of the best are here from all over the world.

     Sean and I hurry inside, heading straight into the locker room to change into our martial art gi's. Then we walk out onto the gymnasium floor. "Hey Solmax, do ya think they've noticed that we just got here?"

     Then we hear the announcer over the loudspeaker, (( "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Solmaxton and Mr. Marswell are in the house!!! Thanks for showing up guy!" ))

     "Yep, I think they've noticed Mars." Everyone turns and looks at us as they clap, laugh and cheer. Sean and I smile and wave then quickly make our way over to our team, easily located by the Chen X banner above them.

     "Master Chen looks super annoyed Solmax." Sean wasn't the first to notice this, but Master Chen wasn't the one I was worried about.

     "I know Mars, we are so late. And Donna has that same look on her face.... Oh my god... ! Maybe that's why I dumped her? HaHaHa!"

     Donna glares straight at me as she hurries over to intercepts us before we could sit down with the others. "Do I even want to know why you two are late!?!"

     I glared back at her as I ask, "I assume we have you to thank for our targeted intro announcement?"

     "Yep!" She says with a snarky sense of pride in plotting our shaming act.

     Sean looks at her and tries to come up with a smartass excuse for being late, "Ummm... Well, ya see Donna, we took a little nap, but the... alarm didn't go off ... you know... the ones ... in our... heads?"

     "What...?"

     "What, what?"

     "... Look, whatever... I'd expect this from you Mars, but not from you Solmax. What's going on with you today?"

     "Donna, like I told you this morning, I'm fine, really. Now what did you say to your dad about me?"

     "Well..." She closes her eyes and winces as if I was about to deck her as she tells me. "I might have already told him you weren't feeling well and that you... might not be able to compete today... I'm sorry?"

     "You said what!?! Now I have to tell him... no convince him, that I'm fine... Where is he?"

     "I'm right behind you Mr. Solmaxton. Are you feeling better?"

     Sean is startled by Master Chen's sudden appearance behind us and screams, "Ahh, Holy Shit...!"

     "Mr. Marswell, how many times must I tell you to always be aware of your surroundings."

     "Yes Master Chen." Sean then leans over saying to me, "That man's like a freakin' ghost-ninja, I swear to god."

     Without turning around, I reply to Master Chen, "Yes Master Chen, I'm fine. Nothing to worry about sir, I swear."

     "Ah, good, good. Now get ready. I've postponed your match with Fang twice now. You'll be up after Mr. Marswell."