The Eighth Sin

The Eighth Sin 

Afore the beginning 

You know what, shit happens. Whatever you however you plan shit always happens. A guy deserves a little peace but some daddy issues got him running all over the planet cleaning up messes, or it goes kaboom. Now you must be wondering how in hell some guys daddy issues and all of us are linked. Well it does since his father is the king down there. This is the story of my friend Andrew. His mother we have no records of. His father, you might have guessed, is the Devil. Yeah I know crazy world this one is. 

In his own words 

"Everyone you know will die. These petty humans you foolishly call friends will be skinned alive in hell when we take over. You will watch and we shall bathe in your agony o first true immortal". "Wake up Rick the anaconda stirs". Richard woke up with a start. He was still in class. It was physics and the teacher (codenamed anaconda cuz he left his seat almost never) could only see a few feet ahead of him thus it was safe to sleep in his class whenever he came to check over the students they would wake each other and all would be well. The anaconda (real name Mr. Bryan) was slowly making his way over them but to relief of everyone the bell rang. "What's up dude you look pale" Simon asked."Nothing just a bad dream" Andrew said."And about which he won't tell us even if we ask. Dude you really should open up a little more" Ryan said. Ryan was in other class and always came up to meet the others two in the recess. "Not that my dreams matter not with the exams so close" Richard said" And unlike you gentlemen of intellect I intend to work hard and get good marks". "You and your good marks. What about understanding a paper and knowledge? You know more than any person in the building they know it too" said Simon. "Knowledge that does not show up on the report cards doesn't mean a thing" said Richard. "Hey look the lovebirds nesting together again. Don't you guys get sick of each other seeing every few minutes" great the bully's again come to make life tough for Richard and his friends. Simon for once started towards the guys but Richard caught his and stopped him saying "It's not worth it. Don't fall down to their level." The bell rang again and everybody went back to their class.

"When will it be worth to you? Every time they push you around and you let your self be pushed. What are you so scared of Rick? I know you are stronger than all of them combined and I and Ryan will always watch your back and you never fight you never even reply at all the insults they throw at you" Simon was furious at Richard at the way home. Richard had been meek and shy from his birth he never complained, never fought, never used profanity and even never had dirty thoughts for all we knew. He did what he needed to do nothing less and nothing more, this was like his personal creed. He had only two friends who knew of how kind a heart Richard had. If he saw someone in need of help he couldn't resist giving it to the person in need even if they turned their backs on him when he needed someone the most. Everyone always made fun of him but if anyone needed help or advice the first person they went to was Richard (it was almost if the guy knew everything and was a thousand year old instead of his 15). And there was the other part nobody understood although he never lifted a hand on anyone there was something about Richard that scared everyone. As if his coal black eyes could burn inside your brain and take out your darkest fears and deepest secrets. Though he never did anything to anyone everybody almost unconsciously maintained a distance from him. Though everybody made fun of him no one had ever confronted Richard Wolfswagen. Richard was an orphan he did odd jobs to pay for his tuition lived alone by himself in a shack near his old orphanage helping however and whomever he could. Also he was a favorite of the kids for all the crazy stock of stories he had.  

Truth Be gone 

"What if I told you that we live in a world shielded by lies" Richard and his friends were taking the day off after their exams were over. Somehow they had stumbled in a discussion of the world's future and they were as troubled as a 15 year old could be. "Lies you call it its sacrilege of how much is hidden from us. There must be a good way of solving those equations they asked us in exams. I think I screwed up bad in my papers." Simon had a habit of worrying especially when mathematics was concerned. "What do you think Richard may be we all end up in the same class this time?" Ryan said. "No we won't you guys are gonna be promoted and I have to spend this whole year back." Simon really was worried. "Don't be so scared Simon maybe some beautiful girls end up in your class and we will be envious of you" said Ryan. "Earth to Richard come in, earth to Richard do we have a connection" Simon jolted Richard out of his brooding. "It is okay Simon you we will all be promoted. But things are going to change maybe the coming year will not be as simple" said Richard. "What made you say that Rick" said Simon. Ryan also looked at Richard because if he was worried meant things were bad as nothing could cause Richard to be worked up and he never was wrong. "Nothing it's just a feeling I get. But I worry what happens when we see the truth of the world and find we would prefer to be lied instead. Either way we should get home it's late and results come out tomorrow" Richard looked like he wanted to say more but decided against it and with a sigh the friends started working their way home the others thinking what truth did Richard mean and why would they be lied to. 

The results came out the next day Richard and his friends had passed the exams. The day after school continued Richard and Ryan were in the same classes but Simon was put in other class. Simon was sulking "This is bad you get to see Sirena every day and I sit in the next class listening to lectures". "Maybe it is not apparent to you but we do study rather than ogle at her and also Richard is a saint and Sirena already has a boyfriend" said Ryan. Sirena Aberforth was the most beautiful girl in the school but to everyone's woe she had a boyfriend, Alexander, who himself was a hunk and a don himself. "Why is it that you guys determine girls by how they look but not by how they think" Richard asked. "Yup he's a saint. And he will never get a girlfriend" said Simon "my dear friend Richard the intricacies of true love are too much for you". "All I know is true love happens once not with every other girl you see" said Richard. "And how would you know until you have seen all of them" said Ryan. "Not when Sirena is one of them that one is trouble" said Richard. "You don't have to say that dude we don't want to be beaten up Alexander" said Simon. "No not him you guys cannot begin to consider his brand of trouble. The girl herself is a huge helping of problems" said Richard. "How can you say so? The oh so righteous Richard finally showing his dark side by denouncing a girl. This is new." said Simon. Richard gave a tired smile and said" If only you knew my friends if only you knew." 

Here ends before 

Next day began as usual. Richard had a seat next to Sirena. She ignored him all day and Richard was way to happy about it. After the classes the friends met Ryan said Richard "Man you got a cold shoulder today. Can you belive Simon our dear Richrd barely spoke a sum total of sum total of words today?" "Ten words! That was way more than his usual quota. Did our friend become a Romeo?" said Simon. "No those ten words were an answer. He did not say a word to the hotness beside him." said Ryan. Simon asked "My friend Richard do you want to become a celebate or is just that you want to be so different that you let your best opportunities pass by?" "No it is just that I was distracted by today's class. It was a tough day today" said Richard. "Richard I was also in the same class. It was nothing more than basics today. That you know much better than me" said Ryan "Rick what are you hiding from us?" "What do you mean hiding? You guys know I never hide anything from you." "We can see you Rick. These days you have been dark and brooding. You have lost your cheer and you looked specially in pain whole time in class today" said Ryan. "I do not know guys just I guess before has to end somewhere for now to begin" said Richard. "What does that mean?" asked Simon. "I hope you never find that out" Richard said with a smile. "Here comes that smile of yours everyone is scared of. Even gives us the creeps" said Simon. "I need you to trust me on this one and if you find out just do not hate me all I have ever done had a reason" said Richard. "What reason Rick? We are your friends you can tell us everything" said Ryan. "The reason is for a thread to remain bound" said Richard. "And is that supposed to mean anything?" asked Simon. "No. Not yet." said Richard with a smile. 

Richard had tough day after school. His boss was very angry with him and made him deliver pizzas for the rest of the day. At night sister at the orphanage called him to watch over kids who were scared. Richard told them many stories until they all slept soundly. It didn't occur to him when sleep took over and he himself slept on the floor of the kid's room. 

After Before 

"You do care o great. This would be your downfall."