Prologue.

P R O L O G U E 

They say the eyes are the window to the soul. 

You know what I say?

Bullshit.

If that was the simple truth, then do, pray tell, why so many people are able to look each other in the eyes and lie? To their beloved, to their best friend, to their family, whoever it may be. If that was the truth, then why did people so casually glance into each others eyes as they converse meaninglessly, not picking up on the pain that should supposedly, be so apparent? Why then, is the world not a more uplifting, encouraging and caring place?

Why do we have people who cheat, steal, murder and rape?

Personally, I don’t know what Shakespeare or Mary Shelley were smokin’ when they were writing their works, but they’ve obviously got it all wrong.  

What do I think, is the window of the soul then, you ask? 

Nothing. 

And you wanna know why it’s nothing? Because no matter how hard you try to explain your situation to someone, no matter how much you beg, no matter how hard you shed your tears, no matter how hard you scream and shout or how much you relentlessly and pleadingly gaze into someone's eyes, they will never, ever, understand the full force of your emotions.  

They can try.

But they will never fully grasp what you’re feeling. Because after all, we’re unique, peculiar, antithetical little human beings, who love and suffer in differing fashions.

But I’ll let you in on a little secret. A secret I’ve known almost my whole life.

You don’t need anyone for strength. 

All you need is yourself.