Chapter 12

The green flames soared to life as Harry, Severus and Sirius appeared out of the fireplace. They had appeared in Dumbledore's office. Dumbledore was just writing down something and jumped at the sound of flames.

"Sorry, Professor. Wrong fireplace," said Harry.

"We'll continue on foot then," he said to Sirius and Severus. The two nodded. They were just about to leave, when Dumbledore spoke.

"Harry, I must insist to talk to you...alone."

Harry paused for a moment then turned to face the Headmaster. "Will do, Professor," he said with a small bow. Then the odd trio left.

They hurried down the many stairs right to the dark, cold dungeons. There Harry had found another entrance to the place, where they were headed: The Chamber of Secrets.

Nor Snape or Sirius knew Harry's purpose of going there; he was intended to find the Basilisk, over who he had power.

"~Open up~" Harry hissed at the wall in Parceltounge. The wall shuddered and then moved, revealing a staircase. Harry went in front, Snape following and Sirius as last.

They went deeper and deeper into the ground until they were faced with a wall. Harry raised his wand and lit it up. Thanks to the light they could see a serpent drawn on the wall.

"~Open~" Harry hissed again. The wall parted and immediately they were embraced with a welcoming sight of the small living room of the Chamber.

Everything looked like it had been, when Harry had left last time. Harry gave them a small tour of the place's three rooms. Then they decided to go into the Chamber itself. As soon as they had slipped out of the statue's mouth they were met with a horrible scene: the dead Basilisk still lay there, not rotting, the slime was dripping off the walls. The place where Harry had killed the diary was still dark blue of the ink.

Waiting a bit while the elders explored a bit, Harry soon told them to go back to the library or the potions lab. As soon as the adults were gone Harry sighed with relief.

"~Basilisk of the Chamber, show yourself!~" Harry hissed. Silence. Harry opened his mouth to say something else, but he stopped himself. A long black snake came into sight. Harry realised that it wasn't the Basilisk, but decided to hear him out anyway.

"~Welcome back, young speaker,~" hissed the snake. "~The Basilisk is on his way.~"

And sure enough a HUGE dark green snake appeared. It reminded Harry of a dark green cobra who was huge. Although that Basilisk was smaller than the other one that Harry killed, it was still huge.

"~Welcome, young Master,~" said the Basilisk.

"~Thank you,~" said Harry. He reached out and stroke the snake. Harry smiled. Unfortunately-

"Harry get away from the beast! NOW!" bellowed the voice of Sirius Black. Snape stood next to him frozen on spot, his face pale. But he kept quiet.

The Basilisk launched at Sirius, fangs bared ready to strike-

"NO!" commanded the voice of Harry. Not paying attention that his Master had used Human Language, Basilisk stopped the attack.

"~The is no need to attack without my allowance,~" hissed Harry, glaring. The Basilisk let his head onto the floor and slithered back to Harry.

"~I am sorry, Master. I had no idea that it would anger you. Forgive me,~" said the Basilisk. Harry nodded and patted the beast.

"~I will come for visits. However you are not to attack without my command. Is that understood?" asked Harry. The Basilisk nodded. Harry patted him again and dismissed the huge snake.