Short story

On my three-hour car ride to Super Fun Time Land, I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to do. I sat and strategized with my sister about what we were going to do first. Eventually, we decided to ride the world's tallest and longest roller coaster. Then after that, we would go to the park to race go-carts. After that, we would walk all the way back across the park again to eat lunch at the best pizza place in the world. After pizza, we would take a trip the water park section and ride all the tall water slides and ride the lazy river while we named for and or-or so. After the long ride, we ended up falling asleep when we got there mom and dad woke us up. When we woke up and looked out the window, it was an amazing sight, so many happy people, so many lights everywhere. We finally found a parking spot after twenty minutes, when we got out of the car and we walked up toward the amusement park, and we were confronted by a big security guard, who told us we must leave at eight pm immediately no later. That peeked my sisters and I's curiosity, so we agreed to sneak out and see what was up. After we were all done and had lots of fun we went a block down to the hotel closest to the park. We waited for our window of opportunity, then the window opened, our parents fell asleep. When they did we snuck out and went down a block and approached the park, it looked so dead and unlively. We got in to see what happens after eight O'Clock Pm. I looked at my phone, "8:01pm" I said aloud just as I did I heard a big crash from the other side of the park then someone laughing wildly. My sister and I went to go investigate we got half way there with no more noises. Then just as we convince ourselves it was our imaginations, the carousel lit up and started playing music and going around and around, we jumped then I felt a hand on my shoulder, I thought it was my sister then I looked over, she wasn't there, however, there was someone there, a clown, smiling crazily. I jump back and screamed, he laughed wildly. I scream, "where is my sister?!?!?" In a response which almost seemed like he was mocking me, he smiled and pointed to the carousel and I saw her, tied up, helpless. I tried to run to her but I got knocked out, when I regained consciousness I was back in the hotel room, with my sister. We looked at each other momentarily then mom came in and said, "why were you at the park last night?" We looked at her stunned. "A nice security guard that was there, that told you not to stay, brought you home, he was wearing clown makeup, he said to comfort you." My sister and I vowed to never speak of it, we get a lump in our throats when we even think of what happened that night. So we never spoke of it after that day. Quite a few years later, about twenty years later I had a wife and children, we went to the same hotel, by this time the park was condemned. We were on vacation near a close by the zoo. When we got back to the hotel it was 8:01 pm, I had a flashback to that terrible night, in the park, in the midst of my flashback there was a knock at the door I answered and it was my wife, she was back from getting ice, the children were already asleep. I stayed awake watching T.V. Then my wife and children fell asleep then I hear another knock then I opened the door and it was a security guard, he didn't age, I looked at him, I was in shock, in awe. He looked at me and said, "nice to see you again!" Then he smiled and looked like he was going to lung at me so I slammed the door shut, then he laughed wildly, the same wild laugh, bringing back those haunting memories, then it went silent. I looked out the window, he was gone. I never went back and never saw him again.

The End.