Prologue

"Gotcha!"

I can't help but let out a squeal from the shock. I turned around to face the grinning boy, "You cheated!"

He frowned at me, "Did not."

"Did too! You're supposed to count to 50," I told him, crossing my arms.

"I didn't cheat," he insisted. "You're such a sore loser..."

"Am not!"

"If you're not a sore loser then I didn't cheat," he said.

I opened my mouth to protest but was cut off when a voice shouted, "Shut the hell up!"

Nathan and I exchanged looks before quickly running off. We ran to the playground that we usually played at. We both ran and grabbed each a swing. Panting, we both turned to each other and can't help but grin. Who'd knew there'll be some guy behind there, I wonder how creepy he is.

"That was close," I said.

"Yeah, let's not play hide and seek anymore," he said, starting to swing himself back and forth.

"Well then, what are we going to do?" I asked, repeating his action.

My eyes wondered around the playground looking for a new game to play. But the playground was full of other kids. There were even some people who was waiting to play at the swings but we both just pretend we didn't see them. I spun around on the swing twisting the ropes and let it go, spinning around on its own.

"Whee!"

"So, when are you leaving?" He asked, quietly.

I stopped spinning for a minute before repeating the same thing. We were leaving soon, too soon for my taste. So while we're still here, I'm going to try forget about it by just enjoying myself here when I can. But Nathan keeps asking when I'm leaving and I don't like it.

Suddenly, the swing stopped spinning. I looked up to see the rope's still twisted. I pouted at the boy, "It's not done spinning."

"Emily, stop avoiding the question," he said, his blue eyes boring into mine. "When are you leaving?"

I looked down at the ground, finding my new shoes interesting. It looked slightly dirty due to the mud. I should probably clean it when I get home but I'm not in the mood.

"Emily!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him, "I don't know. Mum said next week. But I don't know..."

He groaned and sat back on the swing, "Well, you want to go get some ice cream? I'll pay for it."

I can't help but smile when I heard the magic word, "I'd love that."

"Come on then," he said, pulling me from the swing. "Let's go before the shop closes."

_______________________________________________

Tadaa! Prologue, what'd you think? Dedicated to SupremeBitch for the awesome cover :D