Smile Through the Darkness

"Callie?" "Callie where are you?" Grace calls. I go to respond but my throat is too sore. A knock then comes on the door.

"Come in," I weakly call out.

"What's wrong?" she asks concerned.

"I-hold on," I state, gagging again. Grace walks over and holds back my hair. "I'm fine, you go I don't want you to see this," I try to wave her away.

"No I'm not going to leave you like this," she argues. I go to argue back when another wave hits.

When I'm finished I sit back and look up at her. "Has this been going on for a while?" she asks.

"Ever since breakfast," I respond slowly standing up to wash my mouth out. I quickly swish some mouthwash and turn back to her.

She opens her arms gesturing for m to all over and she envelopes me in her arms.

"I'm sorry this all happened, you deserve the world and this is what you get," she frowns "it's not fair, especially since it's your birthday." She continues rambling on, and I lift my head up to look at her.

"It's alright, I deserved everything that happened."

She gasps "no you don't at all Callie, you're honestly one of the best people I know."

I shake my head no. "This isn't Sam's fault, it's my parents and I." At the mention if my parents she gasps again.

"What did they do?"

"More like what didn't they do," I laugh sourly.

"No one knows what happened except for you and Sam, so you need to explain," she demands.

"Alright let's go sit in my room instead." She agrees, and we both take a seat on my bed.

"I'll started from the beginning," I state. She nods eagerly for me to continue.

"So my parents wanted to talk to me, which I knew wouldn't be a good idea but they came over and told me I had to breakup with Sam."

Her mouth opens to respond but I hold up my hand so I can keep talking.

"At first I was like yeah right not happening but then they came over and told me and told me they had a date planned so naturally I was like hell no," I take a deep breath.

"This happened a couple of times and I just wasn't going to go along with it but then they came over again and threatened to hurt and even worse to Sam if I didn't go." I bite my lip to keep the stupid tears at bay.

"I still argued saying no but then they started kicking and punching me, and I couldn't take it so I unwillingly agreed."

"Wait," Grace interjects "they abused you?" I nod. "Why the hell didn't you tell anyone?" she demands.

"They threatened Sam once again."

"But you still could've," she argues.

"You don't understand."

"How bad did they hurt you?" I lift up the bottom of my shirt to show my bruises and she inhales a sharp breath.

"Are you alright now?"

"Fine."

"Okay continue then."

"So tonight was the date, and I went and it was the creep from work and he kissed me and I couldn't push him off," I start talking fast and getting upset again.

"So then I head butted him off, not the smartest I know, and left so when I got home Sam was pissed since someone had sent him a picture of the guy kissing me."

"Who sent it to him?" she asks anxiously.

"That's what I still don't know."

"We'll figure it out don't worry but go on," she motions for me to finish.

"So then we start fighting and I just wanted him to hear me out so I could explain, like I just did, but he said he needed time to think since he thinks everything is a lie," my lip trembles but I bite it again, and hard.

"Everything will work out soon I promise," she reassures patting my leg.

"But Grace, he said he thought we would be forever," I hiccup right in the middle of whispering.

Her eyes briefly widen but then she nods "and you guys will be."

"I don't blame him if he doesn't ever want to talk to me again."

"Oh no no no, you listen here and listen good missy, you guys are Cam, the couple everyone bases their relationship goals on, the one that makes all singles upset because they don't have what you have, you guys already act like a married couple, and let me just say the hotness level of you two together Mmm damn someone should call the fire department."

"Grace!" I giggle jokingly pushing her.

"Your relationship can even turn girls lesbian because mmm," she shakes her head laughing.

"That doesn't even make sense."

"Because they know their relationship with a guy wouldn't be like that so why try," she shrugs.

I shoot her a 'what the fuck' look and she smirks.

"Would you guys be interested in a threesome or maybe foursome I'm sure Josh would be more than happy to."

"You're so weird," I state a smile lightly finding its way onto my face.

"I made you smile though, and anyway Josh did tell me you had a women crush on me when you first saw me," she smirks again.

"Oh my God."

"But honestly you and Sam have to get back together," she commands.

"But-"

"You will get back together if it's the last thing I do," she states firmly standing up, a determined look in her eye. "Now I gotta go but I'll be back later okay?"

"Okay babe."