dark tides

The mountain air was cold, and clean. Not a trace of blood. The hunt was not going well for the young wolf. His pack would be waiting for his return at the other side of the mountain. Yet the young wolf was ashamed of his failure, for it was his task, mission. If completed, he would become a member of a warrior pack of the wolfclan. His task was to bring down a boar, not a young one. But a mature one.

Weighing over two tons, the boars were hardy creatures of the highlands. It was impossible to miss them, yet they were deadly in a fight. Killing anything in their way as the charged, bringing down ancient oaks and other beings. Only the bravest would dare challenge one, yet the young wolf-man must hunt , for it is the only way to enter the Shadow pack of the wolfclan. The most fearsome fighters, strong and brave. They were the elite of the warriors, nobles, and mightiest hunter among the wolfmen.

The scent on the boar was strong in this region, as the creatures were in their mating season, yet none could b detected as the young wolf travel through the range. His hope of becoming an elite among the wolfclan was slowly fading, as the realization of failure rose. But he still had a chance, a small, and a dangerous one.

The boars had gone, but they would have left the those who already had a litter. A mother boar was the most dangerous, as the were more aggressive and also very hungry. They would attack without hesitation and kill without a thought. Most feared creatures in the highlands. Of course, that doesn't mean it is the smartest, all he had to do was to enrage the wild thing, and kill. Easier thought than done done that is. He sprinted towards the being as though he had gone mad, not even knowing what was going on. He could not remember the moments that had passed after wards.

For when he finally founds himself, he was standing upon the thing that was once a boar, but no longer recognizable as a once majestic being. Just a hung of hairy, bloody, mass. He knew at once, that he was no longer a normal wolf, the madness had taken hold of him. Blood frenzy they called it.

Back when the wolf was a primitive being, hunger and desperation made the wolf kind into a blood thirsty creatures that were stronger and more savage than anything else. But that time has changed. Yet he stood there, remembering nothing of the battle, but the joy and freedom. He felt as though another had seized his mind and taken control of his body. Feelings and emotions of all kinds rushed through him. And realization passed through his mind. Anger for being the one who could have such a savage part of him. Fear, for he might hurt his pack mates. Shame, for it was not something you could b proud off. Yet still, he felt good. Even with all the emotions within him. All the hatred, and shame, and fear. It did nothing to stop the flow of joy, of killing, of knowing he could kill.

A thrill ran through his body as he felt the silent summoning of his pack leader. His leader. Another thing to be happy for. He, a lowly born, an inexperienced wolf. Was to be a part of something that was beyond him. As he heard the howl, he knew he must go. And he did, faster than he had every before, not feeling any pain as he ran into a young sapling. Not feeling the pain in his chest as loped for the higher grounds. And he knew, that the moment of madness had not only changed him for that moment. But for all the time. He would have to report his change to the pack leader. It would b dangerous for those around him if he were to go mad around his friends. If he had any that is. But still, he cared for his new family. His new pack.

As he crashed through another line of young saplings, he felt the difference in the air around him. The scent of other wolves were strong, which meant he was close. He slowed down a bit, controlling speed would be necessary, for many would b suspicious of his new found strength. He must not let any know of it until he discussed it with Wazabi. Which was really no better since he still had the power to banish him from any tribe lands, or kill him.