Chapter Four

I took a deep breath as I looked up at the tall classy building before me. The glass windows sparkled in the sunlight and silver walls seemed to exaggerate the sparkles.

I took a breath. This was it. After a long day at Hunter College and finally getting out at 3:30 in the afternoon it was now 4:21 and I stood in front of CSC. This was the place Allison had recommended.

She was pretty pushy about this place. She said I was sure to get a internship here, or probably more. I was confused by her persistence, but here I am today.

I took a deep breath and entered the tall building. I went to the lady at the front desk, avoiding formally dressed workers on my way.

I tugged on my skirt that was just above my knee. Growing up, my mom never let me wear anything above my knee. I hold on to her teachings to this day.

"Excuse me, I am here for the internship interview. My name is Taylor Rampersaud." The woman looked up.

"Oh yes. My boss wanted to tell you that he has a job for you. He wants to meet with you in his office. I am truly sorry for the late update." she said and I stared at her. Did I hear correctly? Questions popped up in my brain, jumbling my inner thoughts.

Who is her boss? Why did he give me a job? What kind of job is it? How can I get a job without meeting him?

"You have to go up to the top floor. Just go straight and his door says CEO office." She said without looking up. It seemed like she didn't want to see my face.

"Okay. Thank you." I said slowly. I retreated to the elevator and got in. I pressed the 20th floor button and got out. The office is exactly where she said it was.

Okay, I can do this. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in." A vaguely familiar voice said. I open the door and walked in. A man sat with his back facing away from me. I couldn't see his face.

"Have a seat agápi mou." The voice that haunted my dreams since the day I saw him played in my head. My throat felt dry and my stomach felt horrible. I had avoided him and I had Allison lie to him about me.

But the man that I was avoiding for a month was right in front of me on this busy Friday afternoon. Not to mention, I was in his office and he was my boss.

He turned around to look at me. His eyes flashed anger, amusement, and satisfaction. He got up and walked over to me.

"What's wrong agape mou? Surprised to see me? Didn't think I would catch you?" He said slyly in my ear. He went behind me and wrapped both hands around my waist as he pulled me against him. I stood frozen in place. Complete shock had taken over my body.

His hands travelled up to my stomach. They were rough and cool. What If he felt my belly fat? I desperately tried to wriggle out of his grasp.

It was a fail.

He pulled me tighter and I grimaced. "You can't get away from me agápi mou." He whispered as he rubbed himself against me. Now I was clawing away.

He suddenly let go of me and I launched forward and fell upon his desk. A low chuckle came out of him.

"You are now my assistant. You work two hundred a day. I pay you by the days you work not the hours. You must stay by my side at all times. You can't leave work untill you have my permission. Understand? Now sign this contract." Antoine pushed the contract towards me and I pushed it away. I shouldn't have agreed to see him again after our dinner and then avoid him for a month. It was a stupid decision.