Miracles

Summary: What if there was only one survivor after the Circle of the Black Thorn battle? What if Cordy was still in a coma? What if Xander went to see Cordy? Will Xander find Harmony and take care of her for Cordy's sake? Will Cordy come out of a coma because of Xander, or will she die like she did in the show?

Setting: Just moments after the battle.

It was a dark night. Harmony Kendall lay on the cement in the alley by the Hyperion. She was soaked in blood, just as the battlefield was. Everyone else had fallen. They had won, though. Her Spikey and boss, Angel, had been the last to fall. They had died protecting her from a dragon that had badly wounded her. They had died from the dragon at the same moment it had died from them killing it. She was ready to give up and let death take her. Claim her.

Just as he was heading out of Sunnydale in his van, he heard on the radio on the news of a battle in LA. He had been heading out to go on vacation, but since he thought it sounded like the works of evil creatures, he turned course and headed towards LA.

When he arrived at the scene of the battle, he saw that everyone had perished. But he went to double check, anyway.

As he started to pass Harmony, he saw movement. He stopped and knelt down beside her. He knew he had to help her for Cor's sake. She would kill him if he didn't help Harmony when she needed it. And she was barely conscious.

"Harmony, can you hear me? I'm going to help you. Hang on."

He took his jacket off and wrapped it around her, before picking her up and carrying her into the back of his van.

With her on the floor, losing more consciousness by the minute, he carefully drove to Sunnydale to his apartment.

When he got her home to his place, he gently layed her down on the couch, took his jacket from around her off, and took her bloodied clothes off, and replaced them with some of Anya's.

Later, after he figured she would be okay, he left her there, and headed towards the LA hospital to see Cordy. She was all he had left. Anya had died a few years ago, Giles had retired and gone to live in England, Buffy and the potentials had died after the battle against The First Evil and its minions, Willow had died, and Faith and Dawn and Oz were somewhere out there.

He sat on her bedside on a chair, and took her hand in his. He hated seeing her like this. She shouldn't be in a coma, only staying alive because of all the tubes and machines hooked up to her. She should be fighting evil. She shouldn't be fighting for her life. She should be like he knew she had been in high school. Have a sharp tongue and comments, insult others, give people she loved and cared about her number one smile, and above all, take crap from no one. From what he had heard from Deadboy, she was different now. No sharp tongue, hardly any insults, always happy go lucky, strong-willed as always, always looking out for others before herself, and acting like she's strong when she isn't. He felt so bad for her. It hurt him so much.

After a few minutes of silence, he spoke.

"Hey, Cor. It's me. If you haven't already heard, everything is hectic over in both our world. Harmony is the only one left of Angel Investigations from the battle. I'm pretty much the only Scooby left. The G-Man went to England and retired after Buffy died. Everything is a mess. You being alive is the only thing keeping me sane. Cor, I wish you were back. You're the only one of my girls left. I can't lose you, Cordy. I know. Time has passed a lot, but I love you. I realize now that I will always love you. I loved Anya, but I guess I saw you in her a lot, instead of her in herself if that makes sense. Please, Cor. I need you. I really need you."

Later, she awoke after hearing every word.

"Cordy, you're awake," he greeted.

She smiled at him, and he grinned his cocky grin he used to use on her back in Sunnydale High.

A few hours later, she was out of the hospital, and everybody lived happily ever after, with her moving in with Xander, and Harmony moving back into her former lair.