1

"I'm sorry."

It's okay.

"I'm sorry. She..."

It's okay.

"I know. Please, don't worry about it."

I gently caressed my lover's cheek with a gentle smile.

"It's okay, really."

He looked into my eyes as if to search for any evidence of the contrary.

Disappointment. Bitterness. Envy. Anger.

But my eyes are clear.

He heaved a sigh of relief and smiled contentedly, drawing me closer into that familiar embrace of old, his breath tickling my neck.

"Thank you."

"Thank you, Ruan."

That nostalgic voice resounded in my ear, full of emotions as his arms surrounded me in a full embrace.

***

The bell rang and I started to pack my things to leave the lecture theatre.

"Ruan Er!"

A voice called out.

The loud brown-haired lady had walked up to me to slam her hand on the table, shouting angrily.

"I cannot believe that b*stard!"

I sighed in my head as I tossed the pens and highlighters back into my pencil case, moving notebooks back into my bag, ready for her tirade.

"Ruan, I saw him again with that b*tch outside. She was crying in his arms in a cafe openly. Even if you pay me a million dollars, I won't believe nothing is happening between them! Ruan! Just dump that a**hole!"

Qing Qing angrily ranted, her hands waving with big gestures, as if it could help in venting her frustration.

My emotionless face did not reveal the weary feelings I had.

Not with regards to her words.

But rather, I was weary because of my friend's good intention.

"Qing Qing, like I said. I know about it."

"Then why do you stay with that cheating two-timing b*stard?? Ruan'er. Let this big sister tell you! There are other fishes in the sea!"

Her big eyes were flashing brightly while I tried not to avoid her dark gaze.

"Qing Qing, like I have always told you. He is not cheating on me."

Qing Qing screamed in frustration as she grabbed her hair irately. Her cap was askew with more hair turning loose from her tied up ponytail.

"This damn fool!! This big sister saw it with her own eyes. If I did not treat you like my own sister, I wouldn't even bother with this imperial palace drama!!! Aarrgggh!!"

She practically grabbed me by my shoulders as I looked away from her burning eyes, averting myself from this mad woman.

"Girl! He was looking at her with love!! Such doting eyes, even if this grandma has yet to find true love, I know it when I see it!"

She held me tightly.

"Your man! Your fiancé! He loves her!!!"

As she continued shaking me frantically in frustration, I couldn't get angry at her. I know she deeply cares for me.

And she's right.

He loves her.

He does love her.