Chaper Eleven- Date night

Justin's POV

I grinned, looking at my reflection in the mirror. Lookin' good. I spiked up my hair, threw on a white button-up shirt, jeans and sneakers. I was ready. I send a text to Dem:

Hey. On my way;)

I made my way downstairs and was shocked to see the whole gang gathered in the living room. My dad, grandpa, my cousins Dan and Derek, and Ryan. They all looked up at me when I walked in.

"Just in time Justin, we've called for a meeting" my dad greeted me.

"Dad- I can't, I was just leaving" I explained, anxious to leave.

"Sit down Justin" he ordered.

"I can't be late for my date" I blurted.

"Date?" Dad flared with anger, "I told you I'd have none of that nonesense. You can't be playing with human girls."

"Dad-" I started, but he stopped me.

"Tell her you can't show up" he demanded.

"I can't do that to her!"

"Tell her you can't go Justin!"

I groaned. I knew I had to obey my dads orders.

Dem's POV

I grinned. It took me forever, but I look great. I finished fixing my hair and doing my makeup, and put on a skirt and heels. I was ready. I had gone downstairs to sit on the couch and wait for Justin. I waited a while. I checked the time. He was running late. 20 minutes. Then my phone rang. A call from Justin. Maybe he was finally here?

"Hello?" I answered my cell.

Justin replied on the other line, not sounding very happy, "Dem... hey... um, I can't come."

My heart sank. All the way to my toes. "W-what? Why not?" I could hear the hurt in my voice.

The line was quiet for a moment. "Something came up... something important."

More important than our date? "What happened?"

"Nothing." I could hear someone mumbling in the background. "Dem... I don't wanna do this... but I can't talk to you anymore."

It took me a minute to understand what he was saying. "Why?!"

"Sorry, I have to go."

The line went dead. I dropped my phone, tears forming in my eyes. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't you dare cry over him. I cried. I had been so excited that someone might actually like me for once. But whats the use? I knew it would'nt work out. I wish we could've at least had just this one date. Did I do something wrong? And why can't he talk to me anymore? It made no sense. Maybe... maybe he heard the rumor about me being crazy. He thinks I'm a freak so he'll never talk to me again. God. What more could go wrong?