Chapter Three: Popularity and Boys

Monday February 8th 2010

Holiday Joss Boulstridge

"What car would you like for your birthday?" Dad asked me as he drove me to school that morning. I was incredibly embarrassed that my dad was driving me to school still. I was a senior . . . Sort of, and I could drive legally! I should have had my own car by now!

"God, you're late," I droned. "My birthday was on Christmas last year and it's February now. You've just realized you need to get me something for my birthday?"

"I'm trying, Holiday. Would you like a car late or would you rather have no car at all?" Dad grumbled. Everyone would always say that Dad and I looked alike, much to my anger. He's got green eyes that remind me of a wolf's in shape and dark curly hair. Overtly curly for an Englishman I would say. I couldn't deny that my father and I had the same facial features as well as eyes, but I had my Mother's dirty blond hair.

Well not really. My hair was dyed silver. Though my roots were dirty blond.

"I want a Buggatti Veyeron," I said speaking of my dream car. All of the guys in my school had the same ugly car; Volkswagen Golf R32s slammed so far down if people sat in the back the cars would scrape. They were all the same hideous shape with the same terrible paint job. They all had the same ugly ass rims too. It was like they are in the army and Volkswagen Golf r32s were the standard vehicle they all had to drive.

"Holiday, I know you're not the brightest star in the sky but I would have to be stupid if I ever bought you a Buggatti. Do you know how high the insurance would be for a high theft, luxury vehicle driven by a single boy under the age of 18?" Dad said.

"A lot I guess," I murmured. "And besides I'm not single, I've got Piper."

"We'll stop by the Dodge dealership on Saturday if you'd like. I know someone over at Dodge and I can get you a great deal on a vehicle," Dad continued.

"All right. See you after school," I said as Dad pulled up a block behind St. Vladimir of Kiev Catholic Secondary School. I was careful not to let myself be spotted letting my Dad driving me to school. That was a flat-out embarrassment.

I climbed out of the car and hurried toward the school, eager to meet my friends. I entered the school and I was walking down the hallway my greatest dreams were confirmed. The Tramblays were indeed at St. Vlad's.

I saw TJ Tramblay sucking face with a tanned curly haired boy by their lockers. It shocked me how much TJ looked like Ryan. The same eyes, same pale blonde hair, same lithe figure only TJ was without the black streak in his bangs. I think TJ had totally come out of the closet now, which gave me a sliver of hope. Maybe Ryan wouldn't be so adverse to my bi-sexuality because his beloved brother was gay too.

A little later on when I was going to my locker in the math hallway I happened to see TJ and Ryan's older sister Amelie. She was a blond on the rather tall side with blue eyes and a spray of freckles across her nose. I could tell she was popular with the kids in her grade because of the way that the people she hung out with hung on her every word.

Now I just had to wait until I saw Ryan.

****

Monday February 8th 2010

Ryan Gabriel Tramblay

Already I hated English class. I know the semester had just turned around but I had straight up douche bags in my class. The ENTIRE gang was in my classroom; Brett Lamontagne - being the leader - along with Bam Bam, Nate Richardson, Rex Fitzsimmons and Hunter Weaver. They all smelt like weed, cigarettes, car exhaust and sweat. They sauntered into class and then sat right in front of me.