Chapter Fourty Nine- Infection

~Alexxa's Point of View~

I walked silently behind Daryl and Max. Max is talking as usual and Daryl is simply listening, probably not even caring what Max is talking about. I was more in my head, devastated about losing Theo. I wish he was still here with me. I wish he was looking at me with those adorable brown eyes, smiling at me with that bright smile. I miss him. I miss him so much. All I have left of him is the necklace he had a round his neck, which is a shell. It's pink in the inside and white on the outside. By the amount of times he's killed walkers and getting blood on him, not to mention the blood he was bleeding himself, it's clean. Pearly white, clean. It's weird to see it so clean but I think it means something. Could be nothing but to me, I think it's like an angel was there with him. Yeah, yeah, angels may not be real, but what other reason could this thing be so clean?

"Alexxa." I look up from the shell in my hand and meet eyes with Daryl. He and Max are both looking at me. I furrow my brows at them until Daryl turns his head away. I look ahead of him and see the prison. There, I could see Rick, Glenn and the others waiting for us. Glenn takes off running and approaches me, picking me up in his arms and hugging me tight. I hugged him tight in my arms, holding him and never wanting to let go again.

"You're okay. You're alive." He breaths. He lets me down and smiles at me. We finally get inside the prison walls and began explaining everything to Rick, from beginning to end.

"Theo didn't make it, like the others. Max here saved my life." I finished. Everyone is silent, avoiding eye contact with me. I furrow my brows at them.

"I totally did! Didn't think I would make it to her but for once I actually did. I saved somebody's life." Max smiles.

"What's the problem now?" I ask, looking at Rick.

"What do you mean?" Rick asks.

"You're all looking at me like there's a problem. Like a new problem shows up and now you're trying to figure it out. What's the problem?" I ask.

"Alexxa. There is no problem." Rick slightly chuckles. "Even if there was, you don't need to worry about it." He adds.

"Rick. I was out there trying to save people's lives left and right, including myself. I was tired, scared, focused on everything all at once. I lost Theo because I was driving. Me. I was the one in control of that van and I somehow managed to screw it up and kill just about everyone in that van. I'm back. I told you everything. You seemed normal until I mentioned that we lost Theo. What the hell is the problem?" I say all in one breath. Rick and Glenn both take deep breaths and look at me. I finally put the pieces together. It's about Theo. Their faces were blank until I said Theo's name.

"Theo's parents are here. Aren't they?" I say.

"We didn't want you to have to deal with it." Glenn sighs.

"Where are they?" I ask.

"Alexxa. You don't-" Rick starts. I held my hand up for him to be quiet.

"Where are they?" I ask again.

"Their in Cellblock D." Rick says and I stood up, walking away from them.

"Wh-What. Alexxa. You need to get cleaned up first!" Shouts Glenn. I ignore everyone and continued on to Cellblock D. I walk to the door and pushed it open. I see a few people awake and walking around.

"I need Theo's parents. John and Mary?" I call out to them. I see them appear from the top deck and quickly made their way down the stairs and approached me.

"Is he here?" John asks.

"Is my baby Theo okay?" Mary asks.

"Would you guys come with me please?" I say and turn away. I'm thinking going outside will be better. They'll have alone time to yell and cry when they hear the words they're son is dead and it's all my fault.