Chapter 5 ~ Returning Home

Jade's P.O.V

"It's Jade. It's Jade." She kept repeating and the Alpha finally let go of my neck. He stepped back and I fell to the floor in a coughing fit. The Luna bent down and started to rub my back soothingly.

Once I had finally gotten back my breath, I looked up.

The Luna was just staring at me with a huge smile on her face, Kaiden and his friend were frozen like they were statues and the Alpha had a sad look on his face.

He bent down and wrapped his arms around her waist. He slowly pulled her away from me, only a few inches, and then started to whisper in her ear.

"It's not Jade. We've been through this remember," The room was so quiet that you could hear everything and he turned her around to face him.

I didn't understand what they were talking about.

I mean, of course I'm called Jade but I'm not about to tell him though. I'm obviously not the one they're looking for and I don't know what they want with her.

"She's gone Liv. She's not coming back, you need to accept it." His voice was more stern but you could hear the love.

It was weird. Alpha's are normally always so angry and violent. Even with my mistress, my master never showed her any form of love. He never even told her he loved her.

"No Lex, it is her. Just look at her. She looks exactly like Jade." The Alpha sighed and looked at her with pity.

"Liv, the last time we saw Jade she was four years old. We have no idea what she could look like now." He lovingly caressed her cheek with his friend and I felt like I was intruding on an intimate moment.

"I know but it's Jade. I know it. Call it a mother's instinct but I know that she is Jade. Look at her Lex." The Luna turned back around me and moved closer towards me.

The Alpha grumbled something under his breath and reluctantly followed her.

"Look, same colour hair." She said as she held up a piece of my hair against hers.

To be honest, they did look exactly the same but lots of people have the same hair colour.

"And we have the same eye shape. Her lips look just like yours and she has the exact same nose as Jacob." She said as she pointed to the blue eyed boy who looked to be deep in thought.

"Yes but her eyes. She doesn't have Jade's eyes. She has brown eyes and Jade has gold ones. You have to accept that Elijah has her." At the sound of his name my eyes widened.

"Alpha Elijah," The name came tumbling out of my mouth and I immediately wished I hadn't said anything.

The Alpha's eyes darkened and he growled.

"I knew it. You work from him. You're one of his rogues." He spat with disgust. I quickly looked down but a soft hand tipped my chin up.

"Did he kidnap you?" The Luna said softly and I shrugged.

"I don't know. He always told me that my parents abandoned me but I don't know what to believe. He has kept me chained up for fourteen years until I escaped. I had just shifted for the first time and I ran. I haven't been outside for years so I didn't know where I was going. That's when I met Kaiden and I passed out. Then all of this happened. Look, I don't know who Jade is. I mean, I do my name is Jade but I'm not the Jade you're looking for. The whole of my life I've been kept hidden so there's no way I can know you." I expected the Luna to be disappointed but instead tears start to fall down her cheeks and a huge smile breaks out on her face.