Shawn thinking about kids | Blurb two

"Seriously, Shawn. We don't need as much space." You sighed, letting your hand rest on the counter in the empty house. "We're only two people." 

Shawn have been dragging you to open-houses all day. The next one bigger than the other, much more space than you will ever really need, large gardens no you never use. You feel a slight headache pressing on and it's not making this fuss better.

Shawn walks towards you and reaches for your hand, he locks your fingers together and leads you up the stairs and into another room in the house. 

"But just imagine, honey." He tells you while he wraps his arms around your waist. "If we painted the wall purple and hung up one of the lamps that looks like a flower. It would be perfect." 

"Perfect for what?" You ask confused. 

Sometimes Shawn's thinking process is hard to follow and you struggle to keep up with his ideas. 

"Our future little princess." He blurs and takes your breath away. 

You look over your shoulder to catch Shawn's eyes. There's a smile painted on his lips and you almost see stars in his eyes. 

"We could let your mother paint little animals on the wall, maybe some stars. Just like your childhood bedroom had. It's nice and light, closest to the master bedroom." He says as he walks around the room on the first floor.  

"The crib would go over there and we could have one of those rocking chairs over here for those late nights, when she struggles to sleep."  You jaw drops while words fall from your fiancé's mouth as a warmth appear in your chest. 

Shawn is glowing at the moment, just by the thought of how to decorate his firstborns' room. It makes butterflies crack in your stomach as Shawn continues to study the room, making more plans in his mind on how to makes this perfect. 

"Please think about it, love. I'm in love with this house, in love with how we can make it home." 

"You really love it?" You ask him, reaching for his hands. You intertwine your fingers with his and you share a warm smile. 

"I do. There's a massive garden, too. We could build a swing set, maybe a sand box. This is where I want to start my family." Shawn takes a step closer to you and you feel chills rush down your spine. He let his thumb brush your bottom lip before he leans forward to kiss you tenderly. "Please." He begs with a smile. 

"It's such a big house, Shawn." You point out while your eyes wander the room. 

"But our family is going to grow with time." 

"Exactly how much?" You ask him with a laughter, rolling your eyes at his words. Shawn folds his hands behind your back and holds you to his chest. 

"Three." He tells you. "I want three kids." 

"Fine." You give in with a smile while you watch the sparkle of happiness in Shawn's eyes.