New Discoveries - 11

Author's note:I am sorry for the lack of chapters.But hey I got my own laptop now and I'm happy.I personally hate this chapter,but of well.Feel free to ask me why.I will answer,just not in the chapter you've all been waiting for.

Not Much Later/Larissa's POV

Although I was confused as to how Aster knew my parentage,I didn't show it. Most campers were surprised to know that I was a daughter of Hecate.I mean seriously,who would guess,from first glance, that I can do turn them inside out.But apparently,Aster can.

I was suspicious of our newest recruit but I didn't show it.Aster was a little girl,how much can she do?

"So,what do you need"I asked as we entered the Equipment tent.She looked around quickly,analyzing. She reached out to grab some sort of sonic screwdriver,but retreated her hand just as it was able to touch it. "Um..."She mumbled rubbing her hands together looking down "It's okay" I told her,placing my hand on her shoulder.She looked up at me considering I'm taller than her.

"You can take whatever you want,we magically get new ones to replace what's been taken."

"Really?"

"Yeah! I am one of those who created the system,and I'm fine with it."

She smiled at me and took of to gather what she needed,so I took the time to think while checking my watch. She could be a daughter of Hephaestus,but... I was snapped out of my thoughts when she came back,her arms full of tools,nuts,scrapes of metal and other things.I looked at my watch again and only 1.6 minutes have passed.How could she have gotten all those supplies that fast?Must of been a Hephaestus thing,but still....

"Uh,Larissa?"

"Yes Aster?"

"I'm ready to go track Elin"

"But don't you need a tool to do that?"

"I did"

"So...?"

"I built it" She pointed at a thing in her hand.It looked like a metal wand carved and painted to look like a wooden one.It looks familiar...

"Already?"

"Yeah,I was done for a while but you were distracted and I didn't want to bother you."

"Your a genius you know that?"

She smiled.Just before we left she hesitated,and placed her hand on the screwdriver from before.She had a look on her face that signaled compressed sadness "You can keep it" I said not wanting her to cry.She looked me in the eyes and smiled Wow...what was that? I thought as I felt some sort of urge to see that smile again.I shook my head slightly as we left.

She waved the odd thingamabob left and right and waited.A second later a white-ish glow was coming out of the wand in a line, twisting and curving as it was met with some obstacles.It works?! I was surprised.She looked me in the eyes questionably There it is again "Go on.Follow it.I'll be behind you soon" The newest recruit looked sad but obliged nonetheless.I had to ask Mother Artemis about the thing I get whenever I look into her eyes.

"Lady Artemis?" I called out as I entered the main tent in the center of camp.

"I'm here"She said coming out of seemingly nowhere.I moved closer to her,nearly towering over her as my tall-ish frame for an immortal 17-year-old can be."I have to talk to you about Aster." I took a deep breath."I'm thinking that she's a daughter of Hephaestus,but I can't be sure and there is something else...I keep getting those odd feeling whenever she looks me in the eyes or smiles...it's not love for sure,but it's more of a protective vibe"I tried to explain,but I just couldn't.I played with my long hair,messing whatever can actually be messed from the pink fuzz on top of my head.