1-Blame it on the Wine

Chapter1 Blame it on the Wine

____________

My grandmother once told me that if love was this animate object which made its way into our lives everyday, I would watch it walk past me and wouldn't even notice.

I could disagree with her but love? not much of an expert in it.

But now, I believe that changes today... Because I am on my way to celebrate my engagement to the Calum James Watson- The Calum James Watson.

I must confess, boyfriends and soulmates have very much not been my thing... well, that was until Calum Watson came along.

brown eyes, his smooth tanned skin, dark curly hair which often stands in an unruly nature, finishing up his signature look and a tone in his voice which sent shivers down my spine the first time we spoke. I never actually had real feelings for a guy, till I met him. To say it went pretty well would be a complete understatement...

It had to be the best day of my life! and today marks exactly one year since we met being it ridiculously crazy that  today is also my engagement party.

"Binny! don't you look stunning in that dress?" My aunt Darcy startles me as she barges through the dressing curtain. "Thank you Aunt Darcy." I say engulfing her into a hug. "I almost forgot, wait here." she commands as she turns to walk out. I watch the mirror and nod my head in agreement, I smile at the figure looking back at me . " A lot of things will have to change today,"

I whisper to myself as she closes the curtains.

The wine colored dress hugs my figure, and surprisingly its really comfortable. the cupped sleeves hold onto my shoulders, my makeup less natural than expected, my hair has been curled and sprawling over my shoulders and to top it all off, I'm trying to balance myself in these black polished stilettos Calum got me last weekend.

"Your mother said to give this to you at the right time, I think now is the right time." Aunt Darcy steps in again handing me a small black box. "open it." she says as she notices me dreading to do so.

I do as I am told and lift the head of the box.

I gasp in surprise, and Aunt Darcy begins to chuckle. "She told me you would like it." she adds and I pull her into another hug. We are soon interrupted by honking." Ah, that must be Calum... We are getting late." Aunt Darcy pulls back and grabs her purse before filing out.

I fix the bracelet on my wrist. it has two blue gems on each side with mini diamonds around them. I smile at myself one more time in the mirror before stepping out.

-----

"Well, its about time." Calum points to his watch once I settle in the car.

"Well, that's a nice way to tell your wife- to- be, how pretty she looks." I retort as I fold my arms. he throws his head back as he gives a chuckle. I slowly admire him as his jaw perks up as he laughs. I punch him lightly and he regains his composure.

"My fiancé isn't pretty," he says and I frown.

"She's hot!" he adds. I gape at him and he laughs again. Typical.

"How late are we?" I ask trying to change the topic. "Late enough to turn heads." he replies while looking at his watch. the rest of the ride consist of me trying to catch my breath and Calum looking at the time on both his watch and phone.

"Calum," I whisper to him as the chauffeur pulls over at the venue.

"hmm?"

"I'm scared, this is a big day and I don't need to be scared and all but I'm just scared I'll mess it up." I squirm as I shut my eyes. "hey, there's nothing to be scared off, I'm here with and for you." he says as he rubs my arm with the pad of his thumb. I smile at him. he lifts my hand and plants a kiss on it.