Chapter one:

Chapter one

Thirteen years later

 “Ema! Get up!” Mary yelled up the stairs to her daughter. She heard a slight groan, but not enough to satisfy her. “EMA GET UP!” She screamed.

  “I’M UP MOTHER!” Ema yelled back down to her mom.

   “Good,” Mary said with a grin on her petite face. And with that she returned to her cooking.

       While upstairs Ema frantically scrambled to her feet, trying to get ready. Brushing her hair with haste, and patting her face pale face with makeup, then inspecting her closet for something cute. She decided on her purple sun dress with sown in yellow flowers, and a yellow bow.

                            Ema slid on some shoes and walked down stairs to be welcomed by her mother.

“Happy birthday darling,” Her mom said smiling at her, a pan in one hand and a towel in the other.

“Thanks,” Ema replied beaming at her mom, the sun reflecting off her crystal blue eyes, her perfectly pearly strait teeth showing. Her hair chestnut brown, tied in an elegant bun on the back of her head.

‘She looks so much like him,’ Mary thought. It brought tears to her eyes to just think about him.

  Mary chocked back the tear and laid pancakes in front of her daughter.

“Bon a Pettit,” She said.

“Momma why don’t you use your full name?” Ema asked through bites, “It sounds so pretty. Mary Jane.” She grinned as the words rolled off her tongue.

“I do love it. But all the people that called me that have left my life. It brings back harsh memories, I figured why not shorten it?”

“Mom what was he like?”

“Your father?”

“Yes.”

“He was kind. He put everyone before himself. He was definitely a fire cracker. But his heart pure, he saved many people,” sadness washed over Mary Jane’s face as she said these words, “ You look just like him, same jeweled eyes, light hair, and soft smile. He loved you. He loved us both. He left for our safety darling. I don’t want you to ever think he left in vain.”

“You miss him don’t you?”

“With all of my heart,” Mary said with a sob stuck in her throat, but this time she let the tear fall.