Chap. 01《Announcments》

The tones of Imagine Dragon's Believer streamed through [Y/N] [L/N]'s Alexa as the light streamed through her curtains and into her room. Another morning. Another day. [Y/N] reached for her phone checking the time. 6:45 AM. If she was given just an inkling of another fifteen minutes of sleep, she would have taken it. But alas, she was stuck waking up at 6:45 on her own or being frenched by her Golden Retriever, Cadmus.

[Y/N] looked at her notifications to find that both Big Red and Ricky has texted her last night. Big Red about fifteen minutes after she fell asleep and Ricky at around 3 AM. What the fuck could her best friend want at 3 AM? She turned her phone off before sitting up in her bed.

"Alexa, play Get Out of Bed Playlist." She said and Imagine Dragons changed to Mena Massoud's One Jump Ahead (2019).

[Y/N] got dressed into this:

And did her morning routine (minus breakfast) and heard her playlist playlist switch from One Jump Ahead to Fire by Barns Courtney to Victorious by Panic! At the Disco

And did her morning routine (minus breakfast) and heard her playlist playlist switch from One Jump Ahead to Fire by Barns Courtney to Victorious by Panic! At the Disco. [Y/N] grabbed her bag and purse and unplugged her phone from its charger and went downstairs for breakfast. Her aunt was at the stove frying pan and overseeing the waffles being made while her uncle sat behind the table drinking coffee while reading his newspaper. Were there really any print media these days? You could easily find anything on that today yesterday.

"Good morning." [Y/N] chirped taking a spot at the kitchen table.

"Good morning, honey." Her aunt had to force the honey out to sound sweet and motherly, but it came out forced and condescending.

Truth be told [Y/N] [L/N] had been thrown at the couple when she was in ninth grade. Her mother was in prison for something that happened about that time and her father was off travelling the world not even wanting to be in the same country as his daughter or the wife that betrayed his trust. There was one thing all four of the adults agreed upon: it was [Y/N]'s fault.

"[Aunt Name]'s waffles will be done shortly. And she's making hash browns too." Her uncle remarked.

"Okay." [Y/N] whispered taking out her phone to see what Ricky texted.

Do we have a test in APUSH?

Of course, Richard "Ricky" Bowen would forget when a test came. But he liked the subject so he should have kept track of it. But then again he did just finish High School Musical the Musical (which she, her best female friend, Emma, and Emma's little sister, Kara, went to see) on Saturday, so of course he was spaced.

[Y/N] texted back: No. Last week before Winter Break. We're doing holiday themes stuff this week.

"Who you texting?" [Aunt Name] asked placing the plate of waffles, hashbrowns, and baccon and a cup of cranberry orange juice in front of her.

"Better not be a boyfriend you never told us about." [Y/N]'s uncle mused from behind his newspaper.

"Nah. It's just Ricky. He missed first period yesterday and was wondering if we were doing a test today." She explained. "Speaking of, can I leave early? I promised Ricky I would see him before school to work on our Econ project."

"I'll get a pot ready. Candy Cane?" [Aunt Name] moved to the Keurig machine.

"Yes, please." [Y/N] said as her phone buzzed beside her plate.

She decided to ignore it as she ate the breakfast her guardians prepared for her. For malicious intent. But it wasn't like anyone would ever find out what those were besides her. She heard the keurig machine dispense her coffee into her [Hogwarts House] Tervis™️ travel mug while she took bites of her ill-concieved breakfast. Before long, she was done with breakfast, her travel mug was in her hand, her bag on het shoulder with her purse strapped across her body, her converse on her feet, her phone in her jean pocket, and her hand was on the doorknob.

"Bye, Aunt [Aunt Name] and Uncle [Uncle Name]." [Y/N] said before leaving her house.

No response. It was a good thing to. They always acted pleasant to her the morning after. The morning after they hurt her.

And she had impeccable timing because Big Red and Ricky had just gotten to her house on their boards. "Morning, boys."

"Morning, [Y/N]. You ready? Where's your bike?" He asked noticing it wasn't on my family's bike rack.

"Seven eleven. A car smashed into my bike while I was at the convience store doing a [Y/N] break." She told them.

"You mean taking candy, soda, and chips to gorge yourself on?" Ricky questioned raising an eyebrow at her.

"You would be correct. Sorry, I can't ride with you two today... or this week. I'll get a bike on Christmas." she told them.

"No. Just hop on. It'll go faster this way then you having to run to keep up with us and then us slowing down to get to your pace." Ricky told her.

"Only you would -. I'm going to shut up now." Big Red said.

[Y/N] looked at her ginger haired friend wondering what that was all about.

"So, what you guys doing for the Winter musical?" She asked them hopping onto Ricky's back.

"Tangled. It was actually your idea." informed Ricky kicking off the ground.

"My idea?" She questioned furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, we put ideas of what we wanted to do in a hat. And I couldn't think of anything, so after you tected me about the disney+ stuff. I put those down. It was your love of all things Disney that gave theater the opportunity to do the 'modern' version of Repunzal." He told her.

Big Red looked behind him watching the two of them interact. You could clearly see the chemistey oozing from the both of them which made Big Red mutter, "Just get together already."