Chapter 2

As soon as his father started to head into the house after the sunrise, Arthur made his way down to dock

As soon as his father started to head into the house after the sunrise, Arthur made his way down to dock. A strange disappointment filled him when he saw no sign of navy blue scales, but it didn't last long. With a splash of water and a light thump on the wood of the deck, Savirah sat at his feet, smiling as though their visit hadn't ended as abruptly as it had yesterday.

"Can you show me more Surface things today?" she asked as she changed forms and got to her feet.

"I think we should talk about yesterday," Arthur said.

Savirah simply shook her head. "Put it from your mind. It's not important."

Arthur really wasn't convinced, but he didn't press it further.

"So what will we see today?"

"How about you come meet my dad?" he offered. "I'm sure he'd be interested in your people."

"Oh."

"You don't have to..."

"No, it's not that," she said, looking down at the waves. "Just..."

Arthur looked at her questioningly, but she shook her head and gave him a smile.

"Nevermind... I'd love to meet your father."

He chuckled slightly. "Whatever you say, Savirah."

She grinned at him and grabbed his hand, dragging him towards the house. With a fond look, Arthur followed her.

"Dad?" he called as he walked inside.

"Arthur? What is it?" the man asked as he peered out from the kitchen. "Oh... And who is this?" He glanced at her clothes, obviously confused.

"Dad... this is Savirah. Savirah, this is my dad."

There was a pause as the man put the pieces together.

"You're from... there?"

Savirah simply smiled and nodded. "Yes, I am from the waters. Oh, but not like Arthur's mother. I'm a bit different than that."

Maybe Arthur should have talked to her beforehand.

His father nodded slowly, then smiled with a hint of sadness and offered her his hand. "My name is Tom. Feel free to make yourself at home here."

She seemed to smile even brighter at that. "Thank you." Then she paused and suddenly began to search herself for something.

Tom looked at his son questioningly, but Arthur could only shrug.

"Ah!" Her attention fell to her right forearm where a delicate jeweled bracer that Arthur had somehow failed to notice yesterday adorned her wrist. Quickly, she removed it and offered it to Tom.