Chapter 49 - THE SURPRISE

Elizabeth's POV...

We started the day by sharing breakfast in his kitchen. I never thought that cooking was one of his passion. He made waffles and prepared different stuff to choose. From colorful omelete-- I wondered what he put in the eggs; sausages and bacon, a cup of whipped cream, blueberry marmalade and... the last one made a spark in my head when he said... I also prepared your favourite maple syrup.

The maple syrup. How did he know it's my morning favourite in my breakfast table? I was about to ask that but he immediately explained himself that he has no idea how I prefer my breakfast-- if I want it salty or I am more with the sweets.

Salty in the morning is not my thing so I started getting some waffle and before my hand could reach he immediately took and squeezed on top the maple syrup. I gave him a quick look but it seemed like he ignored me.

"Since you like it sweet, better start it off with this syrup."

"How did you know it is my thing?"

I looked at him with high hope that maybe he researched about me. Why not? He's a billionaire. Nothing is impossible.

"Just a wild guess, I think..."

He grinned, after.

"Didn't you make any research about me or something?"

"Nope. Well actually, I do that when needed. I have men to do the research for me. But with you I want everything to be discovered privately on my own."

"Now that I'm going to eat the waffle with my syrup, I don't think I could go for the other ones. It is my favourite!"

"But you could at least try others if you like."

"Nah! They will just spoil my taste this morning. It's been a long time since the last time I ever tasted a fresh maple syrup."

That's true. When I came here in the city and started my life alone, I almost forgot the life I had at home. I was served with the best and fresh foods from breakfast 'til dinner. Everything is served on the table and everything is served on my plate. But being alone for quite a while, I learned to dine and serve my plate with the simplest yet healthy meals I could get for myself. I hate wasting food and so I only prepare what would be enough for me for the whole day, everyday.

"Okay, as you wish my stargazer."

He smiled sweetly and then winked.

The morning went smoothly. We talked funny things while having breakfast. It was a good thing he didn't push about the dream I had. I guess he wanted me to enjoy the day so maybe he thought that it's better not to start with something heavy.

He said he has a plan after this. It was obvious in his face how eager he wanted to take me out for a morning walk. Actually, I thought it was a bit late to do the walking. It was already past ten. I am used to take a morning jog or walk as early as six. But then I sensed something different in him. It felt like he's a different person now. There is something in the way he talks to me, and every now and then he asks me for a hug. And when he does, it feels like I had been gone for a long time that his embrace feels like he never wanted to let me go. He would even stroke and nuzzle my hair.

We're both ready. If you ever wonder how I was dressed today, well he only asked me what I wanted to wear in my most comfortable manner and not later than half an hour my outfit arrived; sent by one of his men.

"You look beautiful in your hooded sweatshirt and pants."

He gave a compliment while inspecting me from head to toe.