promo

"There's one more thing I have to do, there's only one person in the entire universe that could get through to Damon"Stefan spoke up,he had locked up Damon and tried to avoid talking to Elena.

"Absolutely not"Zach said, receiving the ' who do you think you're talking to ' look from Stefan.

"uncle Stefan please let her rest in peace"he tells his uncle.

"We don't have a choice, we need to get through to him"Stefan said, pulling on his jacket and grabbing his keys.

"Let's just hope she doesn't rip my heart out first" he mumbled as he left out the door. He went back to the ruins of his old house, where Damon buried her at.

--

Stefan traveled not too far away to his childhood home, a shovel in the backseat and Elena Gilbert on his tail. Of course the Gilbert girl had no idea what he was up to.

He climbs out of his car and walks around to his trunk, grabbing a shovel and going to dig her up.

"I know you're here Elena"he called out, hearing a sigh come from her as she walked towards him.

"I was worried okay? You said you'd handle Damon, is this your plan?"she asked confusedly.

"I need someone here"Stefan explained.

"Someone? You're digging up a body?"she asked him curiously.

"My brother wasn't always-"she cuts him off.

"Heartless?"she asked, he let out a sigh.

"He was in love once"he said, continuing to dig.

"That, I can't believe"she said, Damon wasn't someone she thought was capable of doing such a thing.

"It's true, if there's one person that could get to him it's her"Stefan said, looking back at her.

" What happened to her?"she asked curiously and he did up straight.

"Katherine happened"he said,his shovel hitting something solid.

"Your ex?"she asked confusedly.

"Damon chose Katherine over her, it nearly drove her mad"he explained, it was true and she became lethal.

"How'd she die?"she asked, helping him remove the top of her casket.

"She was killed by our father, hung from a tree for practicing black magic"he said, looking down at her body.

"It was all my fault"he said, taking out a bag of blood and taking advantage of Elena's state. Once she turned her back to him in disgust , he quickly fed her some blood.

"What now?"she asked, turning back to look at him.

"Now, we get you home"he said, getting out of the hole. Of course there was more to the story but it was something that was better left unsaid.

"Stefan-"he cuts her off.

"You've seen too much and this is something very personal to Damon, we need to leave now"in fact this was something very personal to him as well. Stefan and damon both loved Katherine or thought they did, however they both fell in love with town witch mary-anne.

"What are you not telling me?"Elena asked him, he wanted to tell her about the dangers of mary-anne. Elena had no clue about the supernatural and he wanted to keep it that way. See Mary-anne had become obsessed with black magic and experimenting on other creatures and sometimes herself, trying to find a way to make herself stronger and eventually get Katherine pierce out of the way for good.

"I'm telling you to go home"he said, however her plan backfired once Katherine ratted her out and exposed her secret. The worst part was she used Stefan to do it, of course Damon knew this but Stefan still felt guilty for it.